Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

[Resolved] Cant get the video snaps to play please help

customnesguy

I am using Hyperspin and this is pretty much the last thing I need for my Arcade. I DLed the MAME video snaps sample pack, (just to make sure I can get this to work before I purchase a subscription), I see 3stooges is one of the samples so I go to the three stooges on my MAME game select menu and all I get is a black screen.

It doesnt say "video previews available at emomovies" anymore its just a black screen.

The roms and flv have the same name, and I have set up my path correctly to the downloaded and unzipped sample folder. What did I do wrong? Thanks.

Yes I set it to the correct path. This is why its showing a black screen instead of saying Previews available from emumovies.com.

It realizes somethings there but I dont have something set right. I dont know. This stuff is hard for me to figure out. Thanks.

I posted the same ? on HS forum and we havent come to a solution yet. Circo, I just downloaded the NES sample pack and it works perfect for the NES menu! I have it setup the EXACT same way as I do MAME but MAME just refuses to play the video snaps. I dont understand it. I have tried everything. This is the path - C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\HyperSpin Install 1.0 Final\Media\MAME\Video\M%2eA%2eM%2eE%2e [Videos][FLV-HiQ][MAME %2e128][EmuMovies 20090225][samples]\

Oh that might be it. Just copy the videos directly to \Media\MAME\Video\ no sub directories I would also move your hyperspin install directly to C:\ those long directory paths could cause you some problems later, especially with long file names.

Thats what they are saying on HS also but my NES file is the following and it works fine - C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Nintendo NES [Videos][FLV][No-Intro 20100821][EM 20100829][sample]\

I'll see what I can do and report back. Thanks.

I shortened it and it still shows a black screen.

I dont think it can get any shorter can it?

New file name is - C:\HyperSpin Install 1.0 Final\Media\MAME\Video\M%2eA%2eM%2eE%2e [Videos][FLV-HiQ][MAME %2e128][EmuMovies 20090225][samples]\

Still not working :dash2: :dash2:

I tried the still frame snaps and they are still working. The still frame snaps file is - C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\NIVOs Screen Snaps - 140 Complete\snap\

Are you sure the file for the sample pack video is good? I am out of ideas here! I just wanna get this sorted out so I can purchase my subscription!

Thanks for helping.

\M%2eA%2eM%2eE%2e [Videos][FLV-HiQ][MAME %2e128][EmuMovies 20090225][samples]\ should not be there cut the videos out of that directory and paste into C:\HyperSpin Install 1.0 Final\Media\MAME\Video\

ie: C:\HyperSpin Install 1.0 Final\Media\MAME\Video\3stooges.flv

That is what I meant by:

Just copy the videos directly to \Media\MAME\Video\ no sub directories

Ha! That worked. When I extract them from the zip file, it places them in another folder. I have to move them all out of that folder to get them to work. For the NES I didnt have to do that. Thanks alot. Now I can finish this up. I appreciate it.

Ha! That worked. When I extract them from the zip file, it places them in another folder. I have to move them all out of that folder to get them to work. For the NES I didnt have to do that. Thanks alot. Now I can finish this up. I appreciate it.

No problem, it will make for a cleaner install too ;)

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived