Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

FLV for both Hyperspin and GameEx?

DJoneK

So I finally decided to see what all this "Hype" of Hyperspin is all about and /me liked. Being a long time GameEx user, I have all my video snaps in .avi format and as we all know, Hyperspin uses .flv. So, I read that GameEx supports .flv snaps as well, so that would be the way to go now that I plan on having both (until I feel 100% at home using Hyperspin).

So, I downloaded a small set (Sega 32X one) just to test it out and cool, I can run the .flv in WMP. Cool, I can see them in Hyperspin. Crap, for some reason, the videos don't show up and they actually mess GameEx up, to the point that it doesn't exit properly and my OS (Vista) is kept hidden until I run GameEx again, and immediately exit it.

Now, could this be a GameEx bug, or are the current .flv videos on the FTP encoded in such a way that they are unplayable ATM in GameEx? I grabbed the non-SQ set, just in case. I've never done .flv before (must learn now), so any insight on this matter would be appreciated.

Also, I didn't find any "Support" forum here, hence why I posted this here in "General Discussion". :sarcastic:

And, just in case anyone is wondering what is keeping me from dumping GameEx completely:

-Full Gamepad support (Xbox 360 Controller specifically)

-The little button combo to exit any emulator using the gamepad (so far I couldn't find anything similar in Hyperspin)

-Their game database.

-I have everything already neatly set-up there... Not quite on Hyperspin (still learning)

So I finally decided to see what all this "Hype" of Hyperspin is all about and /me liked. Being a long time GameEx user, I have all my video snaps in .avi format and as we all know, Hyperspin uses .flv. So, I read that GameEx supports .flv snaps as well, so that would be the way to go now that I plan on having both (until I feel 100% at home using Hyperspin).

So, I downloaded a small set (Sega 32X one) just to test it out and cool, I can run the .flv in WMP. Cool, I can see them in Hyperspin. Crap, for some reason, the videos don't show up and they actually mess GameEx up, to the point that it doesn't exit properly and my OS (Vista) is kept hidden until I run GameEx again, and immediately exit it.

Now, could this be a GameEx bug, or are the current .flv videos on the FTP encoded in such a way that they are unplayable ATM in GameEx? I grabbed the non-SQ set, just in case. I've never done .flv before (must learn now), so any insight on this matter would be appreciated.

Also, I didn't find any "Support" forum here, hence why I posted this here in "General Discussion". smile.gif

And, just in case anyone is wondering what is keeping me from dumping GameEx completely:

-Full Gamepad support (Xbox 360 Controller specifically)

-The little button combo to exit any emulator using the gamepad (so far I couldn't find anything similar in Hyperspin)

-Their game database.

-I have everything already neatly set-up there... Not quite on Hyperspin (still learning)

You may want to wait for hyperspin 1.0, its going to be a heck of a lot easier to set up and will have a host of additions and new features. I know it supports gamepads and isnt as deep as gameex with the databases, but your trading that for visuals. Now I am a fan of the databases and pdf support in gameex so I still use both for fun.

I tried FLV's in gameex as well, I dont know what to tell you, it didnt work for me either. I just figured that it supported flv in the video section and not the gameplay vids.

I have a software and hardware section, but maybe I should just merge them into general discussion as we are still a small board.

Archived