Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

SNK NeoGeo AES Project advice needed

Thatman84

Hey all,

I have not created videos before and I am limited on hardware. Currently I can really only use my Shield TV to record.

I would like to get a set for the Neo Geo AES console instead of the current arcade set thats used. A little pedantic but meh. If I am going to go through the trouble I may aswell attempt to make them "Official" enough untill one of the big boys gets to it :)

Here is the raw recordings I can get from the Shield just so not what to do with the AR as Shield is fixed to 16x9. Can the black bars be removed with software?

Its 99mb  which I need to cut down on for the full set but this is raw anyway

RetroArch_..

I know the guys use Bandicam round here but other than Windows Movie Maker is I have no other experience. Any good free editors to look at. OBS I have seen but not used, not sure if its just a recorder software.

Any tips welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody chime in??? AFAIK the arcade was set up much like the nintendo ones were... that is with an actual (modified) system in it that used the same cartridge as the home versions. This is why none have been done already... same source.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/03/2018 at 5:21 AM, Spawk said:

Nobody chime in??? AFAIK the arcade was set up much like the nintendo ones were... that is with an actual (modified) system in it that used the same cartridge as the home versions. This is why none have been done already... same source.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Yeah sure its all the same rom files...its nice to see the different text for the console version is all. 

I did actually stumble across a method the other day when making some vids for quake expansion packs.

You can convert a video with VLC anf choose the output resolution.

The output file is much smaller in file size so im guessing quality is not great but on my 37 inch screen at 6ft it looks fine to me.

I can pick this one up soon. :)