Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Multiple uploads

ghost1215

I've been making my own videos for some time now and would like to contribute them but not one at a time.

I've evolved from making 320x240 to 640x480 until I got to 1920x1080 while still maintaining good quality and file size ratios. (Why use such resolution on a video snap?) I use GameEx and can display them fullscreen and a small snap doesn't scale well enlarged so I started making HQ ones.

I have them sorted by console/folder already. Is there anyway to upload a bulk amount say like in a 7zip archive and then have them extracted and placed accordingly into categories?

I'd make a torrent if I had to but would prefer a single upload then follow it up with updates one at a time.

I'd be open to any suggestions on how to share this feasibly.

I've been making my own videos for some time now and would like to contribute them but not one at a time.

I've evolved from making 320x240 to 640x480 until I got to 1920x1080 while still maintaining good quality and file size ratios. (Why use such resolution on a video snap?) I use GameEx and can display them fullscreen and a small snap doesn't scale well enlarged so I started making HQ ones.

I have them sorted by console/folder already. Is there anyway to upload a bulk amount say like in a 7zip archive and then have them extracted and placed accordingly into categories?

I'd make a torrent if I had to but would prefer a single upload then follow it up with updates one at a time.

Upload them to the ftp

As far as I know you can upload to the EmuMovies FTP server under the WIP/User folder. If you use an FTP client like Filezilla it makes it very easy to batch upload multiple files including features such as retry and resuming so you really shouldnt need to upload just a single file. Hope this helps. Thanks in advance for the contribution and thanks for choosing GameEx.

GameEx can't scale videos?

Because making a 1920x1080 video of Frogger is just a waste of HD-space and CPU. There's also no sound. So I can't see any use of this at all other than for a front end that can't scale videos at all.

GameEx can't scale videos?

Because making a 1920x1080 video of Frogger is just a waste of HD-space and CPU. There's also no sound. So I can't see any use of this at all other than for a front end that can't scale videos at all.

GameEx can scale them fullscreen I'm referring to what happens when you stretch a small 320x240 snap onto a large screen.

It looks horrible and stretched and pixelly. If you check my MAME folder I actually have a 1920x1080 snap of Frogger. It does take up a lot of room for a mame game and is more resource intensive then a small snap but I'm looking toward the future.

2tb HD's are about $130 here and soon quad cores will be mainstream so the cpu usage and HD space don't bother me.

I personally don't include sound in my snaps and let game soundtracks run in the background for a more fluid feel. My setup is closer to Media Center 2005 rather than a Hyperspin cab setup which is why I don't encode sound.

Well, stretching a 120x180 to 1920x1080 will be pixely no matter if the frontend or the video editing software stretches it. It it just so wrong to scale it in the video editing program, it's like scaling a VHS-video to 1920x1080 and surround sound instead of letting the video playing software scaling it.

Well, stretching a 120x180 to 1920x1080 will be pixely no matter if the frontend or the video editing software stretches it. It it just so wrong to scale it in the video editing program, it's like scaling a VHS-video to 1920x1080 and surround sound instead of letting the video playing software scaling it.

I never scale it. I emulate it at 1080p with filters, capture at 1080p, then encode it also at 1080p. I detail it more in the readme files I've enclosed if you want a better description to the methods I use. Yes my file sizes are bigger and the quality isn't on par with bluray x264 double pass rips , but they look ok for fullscreen. I've finished uploading the bulk of them so anything else will just be added on. I'll be making more so if you like certain ones just pick and choose.

Well, the emulator scales it. The only difference is that you get a different look if you use filters like Super Eagle, Super 2XSaI etc. in the emulator. But again, those filters may be present in the front end.

I explain this all in my readme file. Yes the emulator does "upscale" it from its native resolution, and yes I do add filters on purpose but what I don't do is take a 640x480 video and scale it to 1080p. I capture it in an upscaled native resolution. Check out my WIP folder on the FTP.

Archived