All Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

bad videos

Freestate

• 1 month later...

and maybe are some changes on the video downloader. This week i have a lot of missing videos when trying to download with emumovies sync or launchbox, it fails a lot including some typical games like zelda a link to the past (not naming variation like japanese games)

• 2 weeks later...

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu '96 - Kaimaku Ban (Japan) (Translated En) is bad too. It shows a wrestling game, not the baseball game related.

@Circo The errors are because the naming policy. In launchbox database are aiming to use full cover content for game titles, and sometimes this differs with the no-intro hyperlist naming conventions. We are adding alternate names to improve matching, but is not ready at this time. Please talk about the issue with the launchbox developers, we need to find a way to add your naming conventions on database and launchbox to make scrapping 100% efective. As i say we are adding as alternate names, but we need that launchbox uses it to search into your service when the first titles don't match.

Thanks for your attention.

3 minutes ago, Freestate said:

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu '96 - Kaimaku Ban (Japan) (Translated En) is bad too. It shows a wrestling game, not the baseball game related.

@Circo The errors are because the naming policy. In launchbox database are aiming to use full cover content for game titles, and sometimes this differs with the no-intro hyperlist naming conventions. We are adding alternate names to improve matching, but is not ready at this time. Please talk about the issue with the launchbox developers, we need to find a way to add your naming conventions on database and launchbox to make scrapping 100% efective. As i say we are adding as alternate names, but we need that launchbox uses it to search into your service when the first titles don't match.

Thanks for your attention.

What can I do to make this better?  Our service uses fuzzy name matching so if it's reasonably close it will match.

If I have the missing and have texts I can add alternate media that will still pull for your rom collection (and others as well)

3 hours ago, Freestate said:

Just checked and there is no Eng translation for that game. However you're correct in that the gameplay clip is wrong and it shouldn't be a wrestling game. It's using the same footage as "Jikkyou Power Pro Wrestling '96 - Max Voltage (Japan) (Translated En)" for some reason. I just recorded a fixed version, I'll add it to a batch of vids for next month.

• Like 2

On 28/6/2017 at 9:10 PM, Circo said:

What can I do to make this better?  Our service uses fuzzy name matching so if it's reasonably close it will match.

If I have the missing and have texts I can add alternate media that will still pull for your rom collection (and others as well)

No fuzzy, our policy is using the full cover content to sorting titles, and you know there's various possibilities in japan names when the name are written in romanji, or the inclusion or some brands in titles or not, like dungeons and dragons eye of the beholder or simply eye of the beholder, disney's aladdin os simply aladdin etc.

I have an idea, and maybe could talk to the launchbox developers to work. We are adding the hyperlist namings as alternates. The way to do this to work could be in two ways.

1: When a game fails to find in emumovies, try with an alternate name on the database, or

2: including a fixed launchbox database with the nointro/hyperlist naming and use it for scrapping of emumovies service. Now we have regional tagged alternates (for naming changes on europe,japan etc. They could add a hyperlist alternate or nointro alternate, or something like that.

Please, when you have time, talk about this with Jason and the launchbox team and see what they could do.

On 28/6/2017 at 11:45 PM, DamnedRegistrations said:

Just checked and there is no Eng translation for that game. However you're correct in that the gameplay clip is wrong and it shouldn't be a wrestling game. It's using the same footage as "Jikkyou Power Pro Wrestling '96 - Max Voltage (Japan) (Translated En)" for some reason. I just recorded a fixed version, I'll add it to a batch of vids for next month.

and don't forget the patlabor video. it's a broken one that contains kid clown in crazy castle corrupted video. It's this http://www.gamesdatabase.org/game/nintendo-snes/kidou-keisatsu-patlabor

• Like 1

On 7/5/2017 at 6:22 PM, Freestate said:

and don't forget the patlabor video. it's a broken one that contains kid clown in crazy castle corrupted video. It's this http://www.gamesdatabase.org/game/nintendo-snes/kidou-keisatsu-patlabor

Okay I redid this too but I usually only do games that are in our Hyperspin databases. This Kidou game is an untranslated RPG meaning it is unplayable without knowing Japanese and not in our databases. I had to guess my way through some menus.

I'm new to the RetroPie/Motion Blue/Attract Mode. I have downloaded some Atari 2600 snap videos. of the group I downloaded one one plays and the others do not. I'm using a RPI 3 with version 5 of Motion Blue/Attract. I do not see anything wrong with naming convention. Any ideas why one plays and the rest do not?