Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Game ICONS database

shroud

Do we actually have any game ICONS files/packs at all in EmuMovies?

I found a very large collection of game icons at http://icons.mameworld.info/, these can be used for example in GameEx to nicely show together with a game's title in the menus, and I was thinking it would be nice to have the same for ALL emulated systems, not just MAME. Perhaps it's just too much work for such small benefit, but since we're perfectionists... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Self-update on this... :D

Apparently the MAME ICONS are the only icons to exist, and are usable either in MAMEUI or in front-ends such as GameEx, because they are the results of a collaborative project of MAME enthusiasts. There is no such thing as game icons for non-MAME systems.

After talking a bit about it in the GameEx forums, it might be a good idea after all to consider the possibility of starting another collaborative project, with the purpose of creating game icons for other systems.

It would be of course great to know how many would be interested in having game icons, and who would even like to contribute. Creating an icon is a fairly small task if you start from a game screenshot, but what makes the overall project hard is as usual the very large amount of games. It would make sense to break the project down in subproject, one per system.

My first priority is to resume creating missing video snaps, but I will also start creating the first non-MAME game icons myself. You are welcome to come on board if interested :)

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, toaks said:

I think these could be interesting if we can get full sets for all systems.

That would probably take a few lifetimes :D I mean, if you wish to see it completed for home computer systems like C64, Spectrum, DOS... It's more realistic to expect full sets for consoles only.

15 hours ago, shroud said:

That would probably take a few lifetimes :D I mean, if you wish to see it completed for home computer systems like C64, Spectrum, DOS... It's more realistic to expect full sets for consoles only.

Yea that's what I meant. lol. I don't really emulate computer systems, just the retro consoles.

Archived