Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

retrofe

MagicFerret

Hello, 

I am hoping someone can help me. I have been trying for weeks to get a front end working. I thought i had found the answer with the recent release of retrofe that is all ready to just add my roms to. The question i have is how do i start it up? when i click on the exe it says it cant find core/retrofe.exe even though it sin there. I am really lost. I spent 14 hours downloading it from the FTP. Could someone help me get it running? as i using it wrong? do i need some extra software. I am happy to buy one if needed. Thanks in advance.

Also sorry if this is under the wrong category i am new to EmuMovies.

You should not need any additional software though you do need to unpack the rar files in the different collections in the collections subdirectory.
Which program are you executing exactly?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just downloaded this myself via the ftp,and it's doing same to me!,no time now will have a look tomorrow

Same questions to you:
- Did you unpack all the rar files?
- Which program are you trying to run?

hi guys, 

I am trying to run the Retro FE Media Pack 1.0 package i downloaded from the ftp site. I have tried actual exe as kingbee187 has tried, but when i try that file. it doesnt do anything. I have tried this on another pc i have and i get the same. I even reinstalled my windows on my main pc hopinf that would work. I have even added access through my firewall. I am really stuck:( 

Thanks for your help so far. Much appreciated

coHello, i have tried unpacking all the collection. I still cant get it to run. If i run the link as advised above. I get the error which i have attached a snap of. If i run the retrofe.xe in the core. It does nothing :( i have attached the log file as well. 

Error.PNG

log.txt

hi, as i said i get that message i have attached when i use the shortcut :( i dont know why. i get the same problems on my laptop. i cant open the link that you mention above. Do i need to place my retrofe folder in a persific place. i am trying to run in a folder inside my emulators directory

thanks

What I find more interesting is that your version is 0.6.169 beta. That version's very old, and should not be a part of that set at all.

Also: that's a log from June 22...

Which OS are you running btw?

Did you copy it over an old install? I can't imagine how a June 22 log would get in there otherwise.
Can you delete the log.txt, and run it to see if it generates a new one? Is Windows 10 case sensitive by chance?

It only recreates the log file if i run the exe in the core folder. i get that error as mentioned before? i am very confused. I have not touched anything since downloading apart from unpacking the collections as advised :( i noticed at the end of the log it has these errors . something to do with the atari 5200? i have unpacked the files though

[2016-09-17 21:37:03] [INFO] [Configuration] Importing "D:\Emulators\RetroFE\collections\Atari 5200\info.conf"
[2016-09-17 21:37:03] [INFO] [Configuration] Could not open D:\Emulators\RetroFE\collections\Atari 5200\info.conf"
[2016-09-17 21:37:03] [INFO] [Configuration] Importing "D:\Emulators\RetroFE\collections\Atari 5200\settings.conf"
[2016-09-17 21:37:03] [ERROR] [Configuration] Could not open D:\Emulators\RetroFE\collections\Atari 5200\settings.conf"
[2016-09-17 21:37:03] [ERROR] [RetroFE] Could not import "D:\Emulators\RetroFE\collections\Atari 5200\settings.conf"

log.txt

• 2 weeks later...

I put an update in the Upload section containing the latest RetroFE build, and a simple launcher/emulator setup. Hopefully Circo can add that to the official section soon, but for now you can simply download and copy this over the unpacked 1.0 download to get the added functionality. Just add the games, and you should be set. :) Of course you can always upgrade from there with better emulator choices or configurations, but this at least should be a decent start.

Archived