Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Noob questions

bullrees

I'm sure this has been covered before so forgive me.

I've searched the forum but I can't find what is actually on the FTP and any info about the FTP like dl speed, dl slots etc.

I'm thinking of paying for a membership but not sure what I'll get and how long it would take. Also curious about the torrent files.

Thanks for anyone that can help out a noob.

• 2 months later...

I'm sure this has been covered before so forgive me.

I've searched the forum but I can't find what is actually on the FTP and any info about the FTP like dl speed, dl slots etc.

I'm thinking of paying for a membership but not sure what I'll get and how long it would take. Also curious about the torrent files.

Thanks for anyone that can help out a noob.

FTP file and directory listing

This is from May but doesn't include the 100+ updates I did in the last month. But you can see those in the download section. Speed varies on load but right now I am averaging 800 KB/s. I recommend that you set your ftp client to two transfers at a time. There are three slots open 2 for transfer, 1 for navigation.

What kind of question do you have for the torrent files?

As far as how long it takes, usually within a minute you will get your ftp and download service information. And you lose the daily bandwidth caps.

FTP file and directory listing

This is from May but doesn't include the 100+ updates I did in the last month. But you can see those in the download section. Speed varies on load but right now I am averaging 800 KB/s. I recommend that you set your ftp client to two transfers at a time. There are three slots open 2 for transfer, 1 for navigation.

What kind of question do you have for the torrent files?

As far as how long it takes, usually within a minute you will get your ftp and download service information. And you lose the daily bandwidth caps.

Thanks for the link Circo that's what I was looking for. I figured out the torrent part. Thanks for the explanation of how the FTP works. I have most of what I need for mame but when I start work on some of the other emu's I'll defiantly want to get on the FTP.

Archived