Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hey Guys New Here :) Few Q&A

bonoscot

Hey Guys im new member here just signed up, I have just finished building my Mame Cabinet and i am looking into using either Hyperspin or maximus arcade.

Hyperspin looks the Biz but i heard its really difficult to setup,i am trying just now though.

Anyways I Waiting for my Account to get setup so i can start d/l Emumovies for my Cabinet.

Am i right in saying HS only uses FLV files? Does Maximus use Both FLV AND AVI?

I am in the process of downloading SNAPSHOTS, is there really any point if i plan in using Videos as my Previews and not Jpeg?

When i get setup for FTP use ,where does the videos i d/l store on harddrive?

The main question i would like help on is I have some videos eg, SNES vids and i have Roms But they dont match therfore dont show up.eg, ALLADIN USA is vid but Rom is ALADDIN.sms.PAL for instance.

How do i go about changing them to match the video.Obviously i dont do One at a time so what program would allow me to match the ROMS/VIDEOS and have an Outcome folder?

Thanks guys in advance

Glasgow,Scotland

The main question i would like help on is I have some videos eg, SNES vids and i have Roms But they dont match therfore dont show up.eg, ALLADIN USA is vid but Rom is ALADDIN.sms.PAL for instance.

How do i go about changing them to match the video.Obviously i dont do One at a time so what program would allow me to match the ROMS/VIDEOS and have an Outcome folder?

Thanks guys in advance

Glasgow,Scotland

There is a program on the forums called FatMatch to help rename files, however, I have been working on a new program, and would like a volunteer to test. ;-)

I would say still get the snaps for they are handy to use if a movie is missing for the game.

With ROms and media , if you start off with the No-Intro rom collections for the different systems you will find they match the snaps, movies , boxart ect. a lot more.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a program on the forums called FatMatch to help rename files, however, I have been working on a new program, and would like a volunteer to test. ;-)

Tempest, I'm having the same issue and I was looking for the same file rename solution. I haven't tried FatMatch yet but I'm willing to try yours out. One thing that I would be looking for is that if there is a clone that is the same game that it would automatically copy and use the same .avi but named approprietely for the clone or something like mame vid snaps and knows which is the parent rom, etc. Send me a pm or post the link to dl.

Thanks for the support and for the development of great tools.

Archived