Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

EmuMovies Screensaver?

DJQuad

Hey all, does anyone know I can get the videos I have to randomly play as a screensaver? Randomly choosing a file under my Media folder (including subdirectories) would be really cool for my cab.

Thanks Mallex. There are plenty of open-source screensaver apps, even a lot of "build-your-own" ones, but they mainly focus on pictures. One that focuses on EmuMovies mp4s would be pretty cool. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I know you could do this in Windows Vista without any tweaking (just select photos then the album which is your video folder) but windows 7 and up dumbed down the Screensaver. You may still be able to do this if you have windows essentials photo gallery installed. I'll try it on windows 10 when I get home. I already have it installed so I can have a decent photo screensaver because the one that is default in 7 and 10 sucks.

2 hours ago, DJQuad said:

That's for photos though, I was asking about videos. 

Yeah, it plays the video even though it says photo, we'll it did on vista.

Ah it doesn't work with Windows 10 - I selected a Video folder (G:\HyperSpin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System\Video) and it said no pictures found.

I'm wondering if there's an easier way to do this with AutoHotkey. I'm not a scripter but using A_TimeIdle might be a solution. 

3 hours ago, DJQuad said:

Ah it doesn't work with Windows 10 - I selected a Video folder (G:\HyperSpin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System\Video) and it said no pictures found.

I'm wondering if there's an easier way to do this with AutoHotkey. I'm not a scripter but using A_TimeIdle might be a solution. 

I haven't tested it but here is a screenshot showing it allows videos. Just make sure you have windows essentials photo gallery installed. This is windows 10 but should also work for windows 7 and 8.1. If you cant figure it out give me a shout.

2016-05-17.png

Bummer... must be .wmv

I bet there is a easy work around to that problem.

• Like 1