Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Coming Soon - New SNK Classics Video Set (MAME, Neo-Geo)

Circo

I have been working on a new video snap set for SNK Classics, these videos will also update MAME and give us a new SNK Neo-Geo set.  In addition to the standard games I have also included any mods or hacks from mameuifx.  The difference between these new videos and the old ones are rather stunning and hopefully I will have this all wrapped up in a week or so.  For now here is a comparison video to whet your appetite.

OLD VIDEO

garou - old.mp4

NEW VIDEO

garou - new.mp4

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Circo!  -  Have a question for you

Recently used Hypersync to update my MAME videos and themes.  Appears the updated videos I received are not playing properly for all my MAME (Neo Geo), SNK Classics, etc themes.  I then removed them and redownloaded, same problem.  Last thing I tried was manually downloading this set and overwriting the videos I have.  Same issue.. for what ever reason my PC is not playing these videos properly as I only hear audio with no video when playing in Windows Media Player and or within HS FE.

Setup: Win7 x64 using HS 1.4 as the FE

Tried updating my Shark 007 codecs and also tried K-Lite today, still no video just audio.  My last resort was updating my Nvidia card driver today... that still did not fix the issue.  At first I though it was just a few themes... but narrowed down the issue to all Neo Geo / SNK videos.  Is there a specifc codec I need to install?  Any other ideas what I may try to fix the issue? Appears to only be related to the newest videos released specifically  the new SNK set.  All my other videos are playing fine within HS as well as just using Windows Media Player.

Thanks!

-MB

Thank you Circo for all your work.

After using hypersync, about 100+ MAME videos were replaced, but are not showing in the themes. Older videos that were not replaced, are showing no problem. Also windows 7 64bits, latest hyperspin. So same problem as megabyte described. Cheers.

Looks like I need to review the encoding and do some tests. I'll get back to you guys on this. Also windows media player is never a good test thy MPC-HC or VLC. also hs does not use system codecs. however I upgraded to the latest version of ffmpeg before encoding these and it seems hyperspin does not like them. I will work out the bugs here shortly.

Archived