Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Atari Jaguar Emulator

Riffman81

Hi guys, just a quick question. I want to add Jaguar emulation to my arcade cabs but not sure what emu I should use or how difficult it'll be to set up. I've done some searching around on Google, but wanted to see what any of you might recommended if anyone here is emulating Jaguar. Thanks in advance! 

Project Tempest and Virtual Jaguar are the ones that come to mind.  I have Project Tempest set up on my system but never use it.  Compatibility is really low on both AFAIK.  Project Tempest seems abandoned while Virtual Jaguar seems slowly on development still.

Both seem easy to set up, but don't get your hopes up.  Don't know if Virtual Jaguar finally has decent full screen and command line options, but PT at least works for me, even if just for show.  Both run kinda slow on my system anyway. :(

Actually Virtual Jaguar is pretty solid right now, the CPU requirements aren't nothing special too unlike the first versions. So definitely check it out. You might need PT for some games, but VJ will play most of them pretty well as shamus has done a lot of work on it over the last year. And there's more to come :)

Actually Virtual Jaguar is pretty solid right now, the CPU requirements aren't nothing special too unlike the first versions. So definitely check it out. You might need PT for some games, but VJ will play most of them pretty well as shamus has done a lot of work on it over the last year. And there's more to come :)

Thanks Brolly! VJ was the one I decided on in the end after trying out both emus... and so far it seems to be playing everything I throw at it without any problems.So the emu is still in active development? That's great to hear :)

Yeah it is, not so much in the past months, but shamus still wants to make it far more accurate since some games still don't play as they should, but right now it's already by far the best Jaguar emu. He also wants to tackle Jaguar CD emulation afterwards which would be pretty cool, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

Yeah it is, not so much in the past months, but shamus still wants to make it far more accurate since some games still don't play as they should, but right now it's already by far the best Jaguar emu. He also wants to tackle Jaguar CD emulation afterwards which would be pretty cool, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

After spending some time with it, I think it's pretty solid. So many emulators over the years have gotten off to a great start and then end up abandoned, I'm glad that isn't the case here. I remember playing on a very early release of Dolphin years ago, and that emu has come a long way over the years and continues to improve. There are those folks out there that still prefer the real thing over emulation, but without emulation, entire libraries of games would have fallen by the wayside...