Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Movie Themes

Aabra

Some of you may remember that a while back I created a large set (around 200) of movie themes for Hyperspin. Well, the good news is that all of the videos (read: trailers!) for this have now been uploaded to the Emumovies FTP! These trailers have been edited to remove the annoying "preview" screen as while flipping through the movies it looks really bad if that's all you see. With the release of Hyperspin 1.0 I plan on adding to this collection and I will also be converting the themes of course to the new 1.0 format. I will probably also make some changes to the style of the themes. A horizontal wheel with the DVD covers as the wheel images is one of the things that's on my mind.

I can't give an eta at this time for when the themes will be ready but rest assured it's being worked on.

For those that haven't seen this before, here's what this looked like in the old version of Hyperspin:

Some of you may remember that a while back I created a large set (around 200) of movie themes for Hyperspin. Well, the good news is that all of the videos (read: trailers!) for this have now been uploaded to the Emumovies FTP! These trailers have been edited to remove the annoying "preview" screen as while flipping through the movies it looks really bad if that's all you see. With the release of Hyperspin 1.0 I plan on adding to this collection and I will also be converting the themes of course to the new 1.0 format. I will probably also make some changes to the style of the themes. A horizontal wheel with the DVD covers as the wheel images is one of the things that's on my mind.

I can't give an eta at this time for when the themes will be ready but rest assured it's being worked on.

For those that haven't seen this before, here's what this looked like in the old version of Hyperspin:

Thanks,

So what you uploaded will Not work with the current Hyperspin 1.0? Is there a program you could suggest(preferably free)that I can use to dump my DVDs to my computer, do you shrink them or just have a Huge hard drive?

Thanks,

So what you uploaded will Not work with the current Hyperspin 1.0? Is there a program you could suggest(preferably free)that I can use to dump my DVDs to my computer, do you shrink them or just have a Huge hard drive?

Still can't find them, are they on the emumovies ftp?

Still can't find them, are they on the emumovies ftp?

They are in the movies folder inside the Hyperspin HQ FLV folder.

Specifically: /Video Snaps - Official [FLV][HyperSpin]/Movies

These FLV files *will* work with Hyperspin 1.0 I just have to convert the themes first which will take a few days. With regards to the DVDs I recommend converting them to Divx or Xvid files and playing them using Videolan. They'll end up being about a gig each depending on the quality settings.

There are lots of different programs available to rip dvds to divx. Just do a search on google for "ripping a dvd to divx"

• 2 weeks later...

It's a great job you have done here !!

Thank you so much !

Do you have any tips for those who wants to do the same things like you (cutting the trailer... Image size... etc etc) ?

I'd like to do the same for some french films (I will share it on the FTP if any frenchies are interested for sure ^^).

It's a great job you have done here !!

Thank you so much !

Do you have any tips for those who wants to do the same things like you (cutting the trailer... Image size... etc etc) ?

I'd like to do the same for some french films (I will share it on the FTP if any frenchies are interested for sure ^^).

I already have a french film in there. Amelie! :)

To create the flv video:

1. Find a nice quality version of the trailer on youtube.

2. Go to http://keepvid.com and use it to download the youtube video.

3. Install Moyea FLV Editor Lite - you can download it for free here: http://download.cnet.com/Moyea-FLV-Editor-Lite/3000-2168_4-10912717.html

4. Use Moyea FLV Editor Lite to quickly edit out any warning messages or green preview screens/garbage that usually come at the start of the trailer

5. Export it - you're done!

To create the wheel image:

1. Go to http://www.cdcovers.cc and search for the DVD cover - make sure you get a nice quality version as there's lots of junk and bad scans there too

2. Download the image and crop it so you only have the front cover.

3. Resize it..... to... something smaller? I've got the exact dimensions on my computer at home.

Note that I'm still working on doing this for all my current movie themes in Hyperspin. I'll be releasing them soon.

To create the theme:

Same as any normal Hyperspin theme. cdcovers.cc is also a good place to find artwork for it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tojin

The movie themes have now all been released! Get the trailers from Emumovies and the themes from Hyperspin.

In addition I have created a series of video tutorials to help everybody install these themes and have them work with their movies. See the thread here for all the tutorials and more information:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7122

Thank you for your work Aabra !

Is there somebody who has created some french videos :) ?

• 7 months later...

Archived