Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Issue with recently updated Gamecube HQ movies on the FTP - Aspect Ratio failure

laggerific

I was updating some older videos in my Gamecube collection, and was excited to see there were many new updates in the official Video Snaps HQ. I grabbed a few I was missing and replaced my Pikmin 2, but then I noticed something odd about these new ones.

They were all stretched in Widescreen. Which is especially galling, because most GC games now have a functional Widescreen patch that provides appropriate aspect ratio with widescreen.

Please, take a look at these...I don't understand how they became official. I'm glad to see the submission process ensures a more consistent product, with the main menu screen and gameplay in separate files, but the review should also ensure they are in the correct aspect ratio.

Love emumovies...happy to be a lifetime member. Hoping this is as concerning to Emumovies and others as it is to me.

Thank you!

Looking further into this, it doesn't seem that all gamecube video snaps that were updated on 3/11/2020 all suffer from this same issue.

For instance, the Nintendo GameCube Preview Disc (USA).mp4 appears to be in the correct aspect ration (4:3). But, the Pikmin 2 is stretched.

I'll see if there is a more official path to alerting on this issue. I'm hoping that this is the sort of quality that people would want to see fixed.