Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

new user with a few questions

dudley

I recently found out about HS and thought it would be perfect for my htpc.. it will be when the next version is out with joypad support out the box.

1. A while ago I downloaded the 15gb torrent which contained lots of videos - Are the HQ ones only on the FTP? are they really that noticeable?

2. When will the revised MAME videos be released? with the smoother transitions and normalized music

3. Would I be wrong in thinking.. if I just bought a 1 year ftp membership pretty much all the videos for consoles etc would be complete within that time (for popular systems like snes, genesis etc.)

4. Is the FTP well laid out and unarchived? the hyperspin ftp has many zipped archives which are a pain as you have to download then extract.

5. I notice in the download section there are a lot of mame sets with things like cabinets, snaps etc etc. What is the point of these if you're using HS with themes.

6. Is there somekind of project log for % complete etc.

Thanks in advance.

1. I don't know which torrent you are talking about, and I think HQ videos are indeed only in the FTP. And yes, the difference is easily seen. It all depends on what front-end you are using. If it takes advantage of HQ videos (full screen, or 640x480), then the HQ videos will look much better than the "stretched" low quality ones.

2. No idea, that's Circo's court if I'm not mistaken.

3. I redid the NES and SNES sets myself not too long ago in HQ, and I think Circo has finalized them too. So you won't have to wait for those. As for the rest, I have planned on starting a HQ set of either the Master System or the Genesis in HQ, but haven't started yet.

4. Every video in the FTP is unarchived, but art is. Meaning, .jpgs and .pngs are all zipped together. So each system has a "Boxes" zip, a "Snaps" zip, a "Carts" zip, etc..

5. Not everyone is using HyperSpin. I use GameEx myself and some others are still using older Front-Ends.

6. Not really. ATM, it's a matter of, if it's not in the FTP, someone needs to do it. There's a LOT in the "Work-in-Progress" section but it's still missing quite a lot. There are thousands and thousands of video games, so a little bit of organization would truly help a lot.

Archived