dbas

USB encoder  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which to buy for arcade cabinet rebuild

• I-PAC Ultimate
    • Ipac2
    • Brook Universal Fight Board
    • Zero Delay Arcade USB Encoder

Hello guys,  i'm in the process of rebuilding an old arcade cabinet.  I'm having a hard time deciding on a USB encoder. My biggest concern is compatibility.  I've hit a brick wall far too many times with my previous setup to the point i almost lost interest.   So i'm looking into something that is close to plug&play as possible.

Windows 10 (launchbox\Bigbox)

Emulation:
Mame
Nintendo (including Wii\Wiiu)
Sega's (including arcade systes)
Sony Systems
**Steam games**
NesicaXlive
NEC systems
TaityoX
Many other Misc Arcade emulation

With my previous setup i had the ability of using consoles in my cabinet.  I was able to use xbox360, PS2/3.  This would be great if i can retain that ability but it isn't my top priority.  Please comment if you had previous experience or additional recommendations other than what i've chosen

USB Encoders:

Ipac2

Zero Delay Arcade USB Encoder

Brook Universal Fight Board

I-PAC Ultimate

well i got no response after a week. I take it my avatar must have scared people off... ANYWHO...  i bit the bullet and went with 2 Brook universal fighting board for my mame cabinet...    I hope it turns out the way im hoping it does...    

let me know how that works out. my xin mo setup failed on me. not the encoder's fault, as i dropped my cp while trying to move it. anyways i'm looking for another option to try out. xin mo was cheap and worked great but i would also like to have something more plug and play with more systems other than my pc.

On 2/24/2017 at 1:46 AM, woosdom said:

let me know how that works out. my xin mo setup failed on me. not the encoder's fault, as i dropped my cp while trying to move it. anyways i'm looking for another option to try out. xin mo was cheap and worked great but i would also like to have something more plug and play with more systems other than my pc.

sure no prob....  That was my same logic.  I wanted something that was more plug&play with PC\Steam along with consoles.   This seems like a good choice so far.  My new wiring should be this  week.  I'll keep you posted.