Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Philips CD-i and FM Towns Marty video snaps

Aorin

We're discussing the emulation of Philips CD-i, FM Towns Marty and Jaguar CD here:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/6786-philips-cd-i-does-anyone-actually-have-it-working/#comment-269906

We can run lots of systems using MAME/MESS, I particularly run these systems in Retroarch.

The emulation is pretty good, I'm going to try FM Towns Marty next.

I searched in the FTP and in the downloads section but couldn't find any folder containing video snaps for these systems.

So, they don't exist, right?

I can't imagine Jag CD emulation being worthwhile when regular Jag emulation is still so poor. There are a number of games Virtual Jag won't play properly.

FM Towns I've never tried. Those are all Japanese games, yes? We'd need a database first which I don't think exists.

Philips CD-i is such a terrible system, is it even worth the trouble? lol Most of the titles on that system aren't even really games.

On 2/2/2017 at 3:08 PM, DamnedRegistrations said:

I can't imagine Jag CD emulation being worthwhile when regular Jag emulation is still so poor. There are a number of games Virtual Jag won't play properly.

FM Towns I've never tried. Those are all Japanese games, yes? We'd need a database first which I don't think exists.

Philips CD-i is such a terrible system, is it even worth the trouble? lol Most of the titles on that system aren't even really games.

Yeah I've been reading about Jaguar CD and it seems it's an upcoming feature for Virtual Jaguar, and basically there's no way to emulate it today, you're right.

Fm Towns is a computer, FM Towns Marty is a console with backwards compatibility with Fm Towns, but has a big library of games, it has even Myst and Super Street Fighter II, I'm getting together some stuff to try it out with MESS.

The CD-i is difficult to emulate and has a lot of interactive games, like you say, it has some interesting stuff that may worth recording some videos, I'll try some later and show you the ones I have here.

On 2/3/2017 at 5:38 AM, shitoken said:

Is this the one?

Fujitsu FM-7.xml

Thanks man, but it's the FM Towns Marty console:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_Towns_Marty

Archived