Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Question about Themes

m0e18207

Hello Emumovies Members! I am a new member so hopefully I don't ruffle any feathers with this post. I have a question in regards to themes and hypersync. I was reading this guide: http://gameroomsolutions.com/setup-hyperspin-mame-hyperlaunch-full-guide/ and it said once you place the movies in the appropriate folders that the themes are automatically created... is this true? Is this also true for the Android version? I currently have a working Android setup with no videos added at the moment. I finished downloading the movies off the FTP yesterday and will probably transfer them over this evening. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Placing the movies in appropriate folders will make sure movies display when correct game selected - providing they are named correctly, which they will be if you used hypersync.

Themes are another file type though - so you'll want to use hypersync to download the system themes too (so ur videos have somewhere to 'sit')

And if u want individual game themes, you'll want to use hs to sync those too.

Hypersync will give you all that's officially available - but there is more than just the video files.

Themes tell the fe where everything is placed, and all the other file types are the actual components the theme sets the layout for (videos, box art, cart art etc). You also got wheel sounds and letter images - again different files I'll wanna sync up in hs if u want them

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Placing the movies in appropriate folders will make sure movies display when correct game selected - providing they are named correctly, which they will be if you used hypersync.Themes are another file type though - so you'll want to use hypersync to download the system themes too (so ur videos have somewhere to 'sit')And if u want individual game themes, you'll want to use hs to sync those too.Hypersync will give you all that's officially available - but there is more than just the video files.Themes tell the fe where everything is placed, and all the other file types are the actual components the theme sets the layout for (videos, box art, cart art etc). You also got wheel sounds and letter images - again different files u'll wanna sync up in hs if u want themSent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Are the themes available on the FTP? I took a look around and didn't see them - they also don't appear to be available through the download service utility. I haven't used hypersync because I am not setting up a windows installation. All I had to do was download the Windows version of hyperspin and copy the directory to the android sdcard and place the rom files in the appropriate directory. I then copied over the Android settings files which tells hyperspin which emulator to launch the Rom with. I also see the path of the video directory in the settings file and was just going to dump all the videos I downloaded off the FTP in their respective directory. So is there any other way to get the themes files?

As a side note I used dom's utility and my rom list is perfectly matching hyperspin's database and they all appear to launch correctly.

Are the themes available on the FTP? .
My understanding is hyperspin specific files like themes are not hosted on emumovies ftp. But you can grab them from hyperspin-fe.com download section.I am afraid I don't know how to use the android version of hs. But on above sites forum is a section on hyperspin android with some very helpful people on itSent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Archived