Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

N64 "missing"

srakonza

I downloaded a few new N64 games and refreshed my images using EmuMovies download service.  I was surprised that some were not found.  In the past everything worked flawlessly, so I never contemplated too much on how this works.

I presume that it is scanning the ROMS folder, transmitting the list of ".n64" filenames to the server, and downloading the appropriate images.  The result is a set of folders like "Box", "Snap", etc, with images named exactly as the ROM but with a "png" extension.

My guess is, EmuMovies HAS the images for my ROMs, but it is not finding a matching filename.

My question is: who is the authoritative source for the ROM file names?  Example "Super Smash Bros.n64" or "Super Smash Bros..n64"?  Another, "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time", cannot be named "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.n64" because it has a ":" in it.

Here are a few ROMs that are in my "missing" file:

Zelda - Majora's Mask

Zelda - Ocarina of Time

Lode Runner 3D

GoldenEye 007

Thx.

My question is: who is the authoritative source for the ROM file names?  Example "Super Smash Bros.n64" or "Super Smash Bros..n64"?  Another, "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time", cannot be named "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.n64" because it has a ":" in it.

Emumovies uses the "No-Intro" naming convention. http://www.no-intro.org  It's possible your ROMs are not properly named and would require you to rebuild/rename your current set using a program like CLRMamePro or ROMLister. Judging by the ROMs you say are in your "Missing" file, I'd say your working with a improperly named set.

You Have: Zelda - Majora's Mask.n64 ??

Correct ROM Name should be: Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (USA).n64

>>"No-Intro" naming convention

Perfect, thanks.  With that link, I can lookup and manually rename the few ROMs that ended up in my "missing" list (I think there were only about 5).  After the rename, I should be able to rescan with EmuMovies and be good to go.

>>CLRMamePro

I have this program.  I just thought it was for MAME ROMs.  It didn't cross my mind that it would handle other ROMs.

>>"No-Intro" naming convention

Perfect, thanks.  With that link, I can lookup and manually rename the few ROMs that ended up in my "missing" list (I think there were only about 5).  After the rename, I should be able to rescan with EmuMovies and be good to go.

>>CLRMamePro

I have this program.  I just thought it was for MAME ROMs.  It didn't cross my mind that it would handle other ROMs.

You can download the N64 .dat and use it to rename your set with CLRMamePro. That way, your entire ROM set will be properly named and you shouldn't run into any more problems. Another alternative is just downloading complete "No-Intro" sets. A quick Google search will help you out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived