Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

NEWER Super Mario Bros. Wii (Hack) Released

Riffman81

Not sure how many of you are familiar with this project, but it was 3 years in the making and it's finally completed. The game is pretty amazing for a "hack" and features 128 new levels, new story, maps, menu system, music, etc. The game was made to be played on a "modded" Wii console. Game can be downloaded from the link below if anyone wishes to play it. Check it out.

http://www.newerteam.com/

Nice! It's been a long time since I played New Super Mario Bros Wii. Maybe this mod will breathe new life into it and make it worth playing again. :P

It's actually a great mod. I just finished my first run through and was really impressed. You can really tell a lot of work was put into it. And unlike most Mario hacks, this one is thought out a bit more and actually feels like something Nintendo would have done. Levels are fair, enemy placement feels spot on, etc. Soundtrack was great too!

• Like 1

It's actually a great mod. I just finished my first run through and was really impressed. You can really tell a lot of work was put into it. And unlike most Mario hacks, this one is thought out a bit more and actually feels like something Nintendo would have done. Levels are fair, enemy placement feels spot on, etc. Soundtrack was great too!

I think my favorite part about this (aside from the soundtrack) is the return of the angry sun. :P I remember playing the original Super Mario Bros. 3 when I was young and being panicked every time it came down and attacked me. It's a sort of love-hate relationship. xD

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i beat this not too long ago, its pretty fun stuff

Agreed! Probably the best NSMB hack out there... at least from what I've played. Some of the others seem to be trying to hard or "pieced" together. This one truly doesn't feel that way to me. It's pretty polished and well planned out.