Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Nintendo Game & Watch 2D Boxes

Indy

Nintendo Game & Watch 2D Boxes

This pack contains 2D Box Art for 57 of the 60 Game & Watch Titles (56 are currently emulated in MAME). The goal here was to use original box art so 98% of these are made from original hi-res box scans and photos. So like the Game & Watch 3D Box Art Pack bare in mind some of these boxes are nearly 4 decades old and were understandably in pretty rough shape! I've cleaned them up a substantial amount but there are still some imperfections which I left there to preserve the original box as much as possible. So expect some folds, creases, tears, smudges, sticky tape residue! But I think it gives them all a bit of character and keeps them true to life 🙂 

I'll update this set if I can source some really good quality scans of less battered boxes and when MAME emulates the remaining few games. I may also do a "fully restored" set at some point but that would probably push these into re-creations. There's quite a few different box shapes and sizes so I've done my best to represent these as authentically as possible whilst keeping a consistent width and a reasonable file size.

Hopefully you like them 🙂 

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/10/2021
  • Category
  • Resolution
    1280px X Various
  • Naming
    MAME 0.231
  • Total Files in Collection

• 1 year later...

Thanks for sharing your Nintendo Game & Watch 2D Boxes pack, Indy. Even though it's been a while, your efforts in preserving gaming history and creating such authentic artwork are truly appreciated.

It's been a couple of years since you shared your Nintendo Game & Watch 2D Boxes pack, but I couldn't resist giving it some love! Your dedication to preserving the original box art and gathering hi-res scans and photos is commendable. It's incredible how these boxes, even with their imperfections, hold so much character and nostalgia. I'm curious, did you manage to update the set with higher quality scans and complete the remaining games in MAME? It's always exciting to see projects like this evolve and grow over time. By the way, if you're still a fan of gaming and looking to add some excitement to your sessions, have you heard about Solitaire Cash? It's a way to earn while playing solitaire.