Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

pull snap from video automatically?

d8thstar

hi all,

finally getting around to updating all my artwork and just dl'd the dreamcast videos, wonderful!

there doesn't seem to be a set of DC snaps on here yet so i'm setting about taking snaps from each video. i found a great app but i can only do one file at a time; select file, choose save location, output snap, repeat...

so, was wondering, anyone know of an app that can do this as a batch? select 100 videos, it outputs 100 snaps?

thanks all

hi all,

finally getting around to updating all my artwork and just dl'd the dreamcast videos, wonderful!

there doesn't seem to be a set of DC snaps on here yet so i'm setting about taking snaps from each video. i found a great app but i can only do one file at a time; select file, choose save location, output snap, repeat...

so, was wondering, anyone know of an app that can do this as a batch? select 100 videos, it outputs 100 snaps?

thanks all

Yes, I developed one:

http://www.spesoft.c...mb-creator.aspx

wow man, perfect! love love love the app! thanks a ton!

EDIT:

i've had a few pints so apologies if this is impossible...

so i was thinking, just about every emu has a video record function. each one uses different keys but just about each has the feature. so i was wondering, not being a programmer, how difficult would it be to come up with a little app where you define the emu .exe, define the screen record key (let's say 'F5'), define the end record key (let's say 'F5' again), define the time to record (say 30 seconds), exit the rom, load up the next rom and continue the record the process.

just a drunken thought :) it certainly would help take videos of each game!

EVERYONE TAKE A SHOT! :)

Archived