Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hoping to get some help Hyperspin video previews

jtb1987

Hi All,

I have been playing around with my Mame cab lately and have recently attempted to add the "Nintendo Entertainment System" to the list of systems (previously I only had different arcade manufacturers and only using the MAME emulator). I have HyperSpin as the front end and had previously successfully used HyperSync to get all arcade video snaps to work.

I have everything setup where Nintendo Entertainment System is showing up on the wheel, launching games through the NES emulator great. I used HyperSync to download all EmuMovies content for NES and all artwork and a lot of animation/themes seem to have synced fine and appear on the wheel. The videos also synced/downloaded and I see them in the media folder; however, the mass majority of them are failing to load on the wheel.

It seems like an odd mix of issues:

• I've did a visual scan between the rom names and the video names and they seem to match
  • Some NES videos play on the wheel but very few
  • Some I can hear the audio when I cycle through them on the wheel but no video
  • I have windows media player, windows classic media player and VLC all downloaded and installed. I also have the k-lite codec pack installed. All the mp4 videos play on VLC and windows classic media player, they do NOT play on the windows media player.
  • All the MAME/arcade video snaps play just fine in hyperspin, they are also all mp4 format, they also came from EmuMovies
  • I have an intel board but am not using an integrated graphics cards

***New information - It appears that the only videos that work are the ones where there is a game theme/animation when highlighted on the wheel

Thanks for any help!

• 1 month later...

I‘d use hypermint (you will find a tutorial on YouTube) to see if the videos are shown as missing. If so, the names doesn‘t match. Then you simply have to rename them. Since the games with no video also don’t have themes, it’s very likely that these roms doesn’t match the names for the media. Or download an nes xml from hyperspin and compare the missing file names to the ones in the hs-XML

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Archived