Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

AVI Gain corrupting video/audio

djvj

@ bLAZER -

Well Tempest or myself can do up simple scripts to automate loading games...so that part can be made a bit faster. However as you stated getting good footage is still going to take some time & effort.

Well, it's not the loading per se, it's selecting games, find out it doesn't work ok, learn how to play it, play it etc.etc. Believe me, I've automated everything that can be automated.

Been playing with TSCC editing, noticed that when recording to TSCC vs uncompressed in camtasia, the playback is not as smooth. It's like it is skipping some frames, even though I have it set to 30. Also editing in Vegas, if you do not add keyframes every 80 frames or so, I get 10-30 secs of lag when I try to jump to a scene, waiting for vegas to load. Don't know if this is a vegas bug or what, but as soon as I jumped back to uncompressed and no keyframes, everything is instant.

It seems I can't get away from recording uncompressed, but I can output and backing up to TSCC just fine.

I set a keyframe every 80th frame, otherwise as you say editing may be hard, and it's not like it has a any big influence on the file size.

How fast is yoiu computer? And with uncompressed in Camtasia, you mean uncomressed avi? That usually is more likely to produce a choppy video, since the harddrive can't keep up.

its a core2duo @3ghz, 8gb ram, but a velociraptor HD, it actually does fine. What I noticed, camtasia doesn't seem to be recording to the HD on the fly. I only see my HD light when I press stop.

Right now I'm doing naomi, I'm finished with every game, just have to make a mainmenu movie. AFAIK, demul or makaron do not have built in recording.

I tried 60 in camtasia with TSCC and got the same stuttering. As soon as I went back to uncompressed, I got none... I know it's low for 60fps games, but I don't want the file size too big. But I'm tellin ya, my vids still look good :)

Archived