Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BlaketheElder

Printer vertical lines in scans

I haven't uploaded any manuals recently because I have strange vertical lines present in my scans. I was going to upload HAZE for PS3 and then Vietcong: Purple Haze for XBOX when I noticed vertical lines across my scans. I attached some files that are evidence of that (notice the color shift). I use a HP ENVY 4500, and have already looked into their FAQs for these problems. They didn't work. Before really sinking into service support hell, I'd like to ask if any of you have any advice to solve this. I can't submit manuals or other content if my scanner doesn't work.

01.jpg

2020-08-11_045053.jpg

2020-08-11_025394.jpg

First and foremost, if you still have warranty, might as well let them service it. If you have already recalibrated it, then there might be some dirt on the scanner CCD. If you feel confidant, open your printer up, this user speaks Italian I believe, but he disassembles the printer without a hitch. Try to clean them with lint free microfiber cloths and mild glass cleaner.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spartahog said:

First and foremost, if you still have warranty, might as well let them service it. If you have already recalibrated it, then there might be some dirt on the scanner CCD. If you feel confidant, open your printer up, this user speaks Italian I believe, but he disassembles the printer without a hitch. Try to clean them with lint free microfiber cloths and mild glass cleaner.

Thanks, but I think I found the culprit and it’s excess static electricity. Going to test it tomorrow to see if the image is distortion free, bit the image looked much nicer last I checked.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By BlaketheElder
      I got my hands on something BIG. Something super rare and expensive that I want to archive and share it with all of you. But my all-in-one printer's scanner has stopped working properly, the warranty's long gone, and no amount of troubleshooting has made any improvement, and I've everything multiple times. I'm looking to replace it, but I don't have the funds to purchase another new all-in-one printer, y'know because I bought something super rare and expensive. Besides, it would be impractical. 
      What I would like to ask is advice on buying a High Quality scanner, if they even make them. No printer or anything, just a standalone page scanning equipment. Needs to be at least 300 dpi. Preferably HP brand, because I use their app to make my content, but it doesn't have to be. Preferably around $200 or less; anymore and I may as well buy another printer. I can sell some of my rarer stuff to pay it off.
      Just message me with suggestions. I can't go back to archiving anything without a scanner, so the sooner I can fix this, the better. And this THING is really worth it. I'm keeping it secret until it's physically in my hands, and to garner attention to this post, but it is something I guarantee you will want. Unless you have no taste. Oh, and I finally got my hands on a manual to Jurassic Park III: The DNA Factor, completing my Jurassic Park III GBA trilogy of manuals. So there's that.
    • By shro2012
      This file contains the complete cover set for all Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) games released in the United Kingdom Region and in the EU cover variant. 
      All files have been collated by myself from the various repositories on the Internet and have been retouched where required and resized to uniform ratio. The quality does vary between the covers based on the source files available but images are scaled to the best quality size available. Image sizes in the pack are: 500x725, 750x1087, 1000x1450, 1500x2147, 2000x2900
      If you are aware of better quality variants of the covers in this pack please let me know and I will update the pack as required.
      It should be noted that all are the original covers with the exception of Lethal Enforcers 2 which I could not find a high enough quality version of and so I have adapted the US cover to the EU style box to make this a complete set.
    • By shro2012
      View File Mega Drive (EU) 2D Complete Cover Pack
      This file contains the complete cover set for all Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) games released in the United Kingdom Region and in the EU cover variant. 
      All files have been collated by myself from the various repositories on the Internet and have been retouched where required and resized to uniform ratio. The quality does vary between the covers based on the source files available but images are scaled to the best quality size available. Image sizes in the pack are: 500x725, 750x1087, 1000x1450, 1500x2147, 2000x2900
      If you are aware of better quality variants of the covers in this pack please let me know and I will update the pack as required.
      It should be noted that all are the original covers with the exception of Lethal Enforcers 2 which I could not find a high enough quality version of and so I have adapted the US cover to the EU style box to make this a complete set.
      Submitter shro2012 Submitted 01/05/2019 Category Submit Media