Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlaketheElder

Best site/app to create manuals?

Does anyone know the best site/app to turns scans into a digital booklet? Preferably mostly free and easy to use? I've noticed that most sites I've looked through lack the ability to rotate an image by degrees during cropping. I'd like to get some advice as I've noticed my inquiries usually go ignored.

I use acrobat, if you send cropped images I can turn into pdf.  I notice you scan in the middle of the bed vs corners.  I imagine that can make cutting out the page rather difficult

• Thanks 1

Can you send me a link to acrobat or an info webpage for it? Thank you. I tried to do corners at first but my scans cut off some centimeters off the page. That’s no good for me.

I am working on a few manuals myself. I tried two sites in regards to converting to PDF, "smallpdf" and "jpg2pdf". Both are free, the former has a daily limit of 2, however it did organize the files by name, whereas the latter I had to drag the files in order but I assume it has no limit. My recommendation is to use "Gimp" as it is free and open source, it also has the ability to export to PDF, I am using version 2.10.20 as of time of writing. To export all images to one PDF,  I clicked on top on the "File" tab, and clicked on "Open as Layers...", I selected all the images I needed for the PDF, clicked on "File" and selected "Export as...",  clicked on the drop down at the bottom labeled "Select File Type (By Extension)" and scrolled until I found PDF and clicked "Export". A new box will appear with options for your PDF, I had the first box selected labeled "Layers as pages (bottom layers first)" since I saw the front cover at the bottom of the layer list. First time using the program, so I am sure there are features that can be added for pizazz. Forgot to add, in my case, "Gimp" exported the PDF file but with an astronomical size of 60MB. I used "Libre Office" for PDF compression. I did not see a loss of quality and brought down the size from 60MB to a whopping 7.66MB.

Edited by Spartahog
Added software & compression info