Welcome to EmuMovies

By Circo

Nintendo Famicom Video Snaps Updated (v1.9)

Happy Father's Day to all our retrogaming dads out there.  Today we add 18 new video snaps for the Nintendo Famicom.  Huge shout out again to Audi85 for submitting the original captures.  This update brings our Famicom (Japan Releases) video snap set to 771 video snaps.  Continue past the preview for details and links.
High Quality Video Snap Sample
Version 1.9
Added 18 Videos - Captures @Audi85, Edits & Encoding @Circo
Battle Baseball (Japan) City Adventure Touch - Mystery of Triangle (Japan) F1 Circus (Japan) Famicom Yakyuu Ban (Japan) Fighting Road (Japan) Ganbare Goemon Gaiden - Kieta Ougon Kiseru (Japan) (Translated En) Ganbare Pennant Race! (Japan) Gimmick! (Japan) Hiryuu no Ken II - Dragon no Tsubasa (Japan) Hiryuu no Ken III - 5 Nin no Ryuu Senshi (Japan) Hiryuu no Ken Special - Fighting Wars (Japan) Hissatsu Doujou Yaburi (Japan) I Love Softball (Japan) Jumpin' Kid - Jack to Mame no Ki Monogatari (Japan) Kyuukyoku Harikiri Stadium - Heisei Gannen Ban (Japan) Kyuukyoku Harikiri Stadium (Japan) Kyuukyoku Harikiri Stadium III (Japan) Mickey Mouse III - Yume Fuusen (Japan)  
Grab the new video snaps immediately via:
EmuMovies Website (SQ Only)
Directly through your front-end or our app using EmuMovies Sync (HQ & SQ)
EmuMovies File Server (FTP) (HQ & SQ)
View all our updates on the EmuMovies FIles Feed (We only post a handful in the news feed)
Read more...
By Circo

NEC Turbo Grafx Video Snaps Updated (TG16, PCE, PCE CD)

Too many updates to post, this one I am just going to condense into one.  We have posted video snap updates for the NEC Turbo Grafx 16 (v1.6) - 3 Videos, NEC PC Engine (v1.5) - 4 Videos & NEC PC Engine CD (v1.5) - 2 Videos.  Again a super huge thank you to @Audi85 for these submissions.  As always, continue reading past the preview for details and handy links.  Enjoy!
NEC PC Engine
Video Snaps Added - 4 - Captures @Audi85 Edits & Encoding @Circo
Nantettatte Engine (Homebrew) Super Star Soldier (Japan) Takeda Shingen (Japan) Youkai Douchuuki (Japan) (Translated En) NEC PC Engine CD
Video Snaps Added - 2 - Captures @Audi85 Edits & Encoding @Circo
Startling Odyssey 2 - Maryuu Sensou (Japan) (Translated En) Wrestling Universe - Fire Pro Women - Dome Super Female Big Battle - All Japan Women VS J.W.P. (Japan) NEC TurboGrafx 16
Video Snaps Added - 3 - Captures @Audi85 Edits & Encoding @Circo
Neutopia (USA) Neutopia II (USA) Veigues - Tactical Gladiator (USA)  
View all our updates on the EmuMovies FIles Feed (We only post a handful in the news feed)
Read more...
By Circo

Super Famicom Video Snaps Updated (v1.6)

Update number four for the day is Nintendo Super Famicom Video Snaps.  This update adds 5 new videos; G.O.D - Mezame yo to Yobu Koe ga Kikoe (Japan) (Translated En), Kikou Keisatsu Metal Jack (Japan) (Translated En), Last Bible III (Japan) (Translated En), Super Robot Taisen Gaiden - Masou Kishin - The Lord of Elemental (Japan) (Translated En) & Yamaneko Bubsy no Daibouken (Japan).  Big thanks again to @Audi85 for the captures.  Continue past the preview for details and links.
Video Snaps Added - 5 - Captures @Audi85 Edits & Encoding @Circo
G.O.D - Mezame yo to Yobu Koe ga Kikoe (Japan) (Translated En) Kikou Keisatsu Metal Jack (Japan) (Translated En) Last Bible III (Japan) (Translated En) Super Robot Taisen Gaiden - Masou Kishin - The Lord of Elemental (Japan) (Translated En) Yamaneko Bubsy no Daibouken (Japan)  
Read more...
By Circo

Super Nintendo Hacks & Homebrew Video Snaps Updated (v1.1)

Another small update for today, we have 3 new video snaps for Super Nintendo Hacks & Homebrew.  These original videos are for Super Mario World Advance (Hack), Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death (Homebrew) & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters Championship Edition (Hack).  We hope you like these and if you have requests for videos that we do not currently have or you feel should be better quality please submit requests here.  Continue past the preview for details and links.
Video Snaps Added - 8 - Captures @Audi85 Edits & Encoding @Circo
Super Mario World Advance (Hack) Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death (Homebrew) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters Championship Edition (Hack)  
Read more...
By Circo

Nintendo NES Hacks & Homebrew Video Snaps Updated (v1.2)

Today EmuMovies presents you with 8 additional video snaps for the Nintendo Hacks & Homebrew Video Snaps Pack for those of you that have these games in your collection.  Special thanks to @Audi85 for the captures.  Continue reading past the normal video preview for details and Links.
Video Snaps Added - 8 - Captures @Audi85 Edits & Encoding @Circo
Castlevania - Vengeance on Hell (Hack) Challenger DX (Hack) CXSZELDA - Hyrule's Doom (Hack) Legend of Zelda - Link's Shadow, The (Hack) Quest Forge - By Order of Kings (Homebrew) Sonic the Hedgehog in Super Mario Bros. (Hack) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - The Arcade Game Revamped (Hack) Zelda II -The Triforce Of Courage (Hack)  
Read more...
UPDATE: NEW EMUMOVIES FTP SERVER IS NOW ONLINE Read more... ×
toaks

Any video game soundtrack suggestions?

Can anybody recommend any good video game soundtracks?

Oops. Meant to post this under general discussion under the hobby. Feel free to move it if needed.

I have always had a soft spot for final fantasy III soundtrack

Streets of Rage 2, all sonic games, Gunstar Heroes... just a few examples of the many awesome soundtracks from the sega mega drive.

PS1 - I.Q. Intelligent Qube
Any - Guilty Gear
SNES - Chrono Trigger
NES - Journey to Silius
Amiga - Blood Money
PS2 - God of War

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Zelda for me is the best! Checkout youtube for some orchestra playing those themes.

Anything Mega man snes or earlier.

Most everything from Square is awesome.

I really like the tracks from section z on the nes for some reason.

Castlevania was good stuff also.

And Halo... definitely Halo

One of my favorites is the old Dreamcast game "Headhunter" - I still listen to it after all these years....

I am biased, but it all depends on the generation.

Since we are in an emulation oriented site, which is tightly connected with "retro", I would go for the Amiga and its ultra-rich mod collection (and also fantastic gaming music), or I would go back to 8 bits where C64 SID music ruled everything on planet Earth.

This was later even used on a "real" production:

As I said I am biased.

The Halo series alwasy had a good thumping track to kill by!

Tempest2000 on the Jaguar was amazing at the time....

Not retro but Hotline Miami soundtrack is amazing if you like the style.

Most of my favorites come from the Final Fantasy series. I liked Eternal Champions as well, but that was mostly because some of the tracks were sampled by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.

Retro wise, I love Donkey Kong Country, and Banjo Kazooie...

More modern ? Transistor , FTL and Risk of Rain are really enjoyable and still come up on my phone shuffle when driving

I find myself humming the Luigi Mansion theme more than anything however, its my auto pilot song

I suggest the TimeSplitters 2 OST, which was composed by Graeme Norgate.

If you want something rock "n" roll based that's modern, I would suggest looking into Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. Their OST's in general are excellent and despite being the same genre, they do enough to give each character theme their own unique edge and definitive notes.