Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
punktoe

why dont i see AttractMode anywere?

Recommended Posts

I dont see AtracctMode on the front end polls ,or any were in topic on this site im amazed

because it is so sharp of an fronted for arcade cabinets .  maybe just ha-sent caught on because of leaning curve..?

what do you think....thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never heard of it before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I first heard about it from simply austin.  Apparently it can use hyperspin themes and is much more modern.  Haven't played with it myself though.

 

http://attractmode.org/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm setting it up currently on an OS X system, and it's working pretty well, nice since there are basically no other modern frontends that run on OS X…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus it's open source. I like the idea if the developer decides to abandon the project someone else might eventually fork it. That just happened with emulation station a few months ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using attract mode. It is pretty good, easy to navigate around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used in my bartop attract mode with rasberry pi2, when i see how a cheap hardware can move one thing with weels, videos, effects,like hiperspin  i cant believe.  Its the best alternative for emulationstation in raspberry and the best i think for hiperspin, but is really new and have very small amount of info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

voted now :) Thanks, i dont  see these topic before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i´m using this but in linux version. I can´t see snaps videos :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest update of Launchbox 6.8 is now suppose to include attractmode  as an option on their FE. I haven't tried it yet though so I don't know much about it but I will check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attract mode feels stuck in the past competing with Hyperspin. Hyperspin defined arcade frontends for a decade. It was pretty but archaic and took forever to setup and build. But now we have frontends like Launchbox/Bigbox which are fucking gorgeous and take almost no time  to setup or learn. Basically, Attract Mode looks good but feels Archaic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/08/2016 at 11:09 AM, SamSC said:

The latest update of Launchbox 6.8 is now suppose to include attractmode  as an option on their FE. I haven't tried it yet though so I don't know much about it but I will check it out.

Sure. Depend on the skin there are views by default that use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 6:12 PM, DMJohn0X said:

Attract mode feels stuck in the past competing with Hyperspin. Hyperspin defined arcade frontends for a decade. It was pretty but archaic and took forever to setup and build. But now we have frontends like Launchbox/Bigbox which are fucking gorgeous and take almost no time  to setup or learn. Basically, Attract Mode looks good but feels Archaic.

 

Attractmode deserves a LOT more credit and is also very actively being developed. I really like Launchbox too but if you change the layout/theme with attractmode, (and there are many to choose from) it looks WAY better than hyperspin, runs faster, can be used in 16x9 resolution natively, is available in Linux, Mac, Windows, Raspberry Pi, etc. and is relatively easy to set up. If you do a simple search for attractmode with google or youtube, you'll find that a lot of people are using the simple/basic hyperspin-looking themes with it and that's probably because they wanted something that looks like hyperspin but in 16x9 resolution. However, the other themes available for attractmode look extremely nice and run super smooth :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a quick search I am not sure what attractmode is. Like a "theme" for frontends?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AttractMode is a front end and pretty good for a very streamlined set in stone setup on lower end hardware. Managing a games collection with it is a pain in the ass though so you don't want to be adding and removing games, that is why I said if your game selection is set in stone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought everytime AttractMode was mentioned they were talking about the feature in BigBox.  Now this is a frontend worth investigating, with it supporting HyperSpin themes and it being open-source

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems it's working on Retropie.

Hope to get the Genesis USB HUB to make something nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure I saw Austins Youtube and looking for one of those and could find one on ebay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attract Mode certainly doesn't get the publicity it deserves.

BTW the Emulation World definitely misses an updated (mid '17) front-end comparison/review/guide.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to setup attract mode as my next project once i finish with HyperSpin. 

Hoping i can see good performance regardless of the setup process :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:24 AM, Coleman said:

Going to setup attract mode as my next project once i finish with HyperSpin. 

Hoping i can see good performance regardless of the setup process :/

You should be rather satisfied with its performance. Compared with HyperSpin, AttractMode runs a lot more smoothly and is a lot more flexible with themes/layouts. Once I figured out how to properly use AttractMode, I stopped using HyperSpin almost instantly :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2017 at 10:05 PM, Don said:

You should be rather satisfied with its performance. Compared with HyperSpin, AttractMode runs a lot more smoothly and is a lot more flexible with themes/layouts. Once I figured out how to properly use AttractMode, I stopped using HyperSpin almost instantly :)

Good to know.

I am setting up HyperSpin because i am dissapointed with LaunchBox performance...
I am happy to go through the setup though because it allows me to get RocketLauncher setup effectively also.
I assume that AttractMode will allow me to use RocketLauncher?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coleman said:

Good to know.

I am setting up HyperSpin because i am dissapointed with LaunchBox performance...
I am happy to go through the setup though because it allows me to get RocketLauncher setup effectively also.
I assume that AttractMode will allow me to use RocketLauncher?

Absolutely! RocketLauncher works just the same as it does with HyperSpin, LaunchBox, and other frontends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...