Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

EmuMovies Front End Poll '16

Circo

Which Front Ends Do You Use  

1,256 members have voted

1. 1. Choose all that you use (Multiple Choice)

• emuControlCenter
    • GameEx
    • HyperSpin
    • LaunchBox
    • Mala
    • mGalaxy
    • Retro FE
    • Rom Collection Browser (Kodi)
    • AttractMode
    • RetroPi
    • Maximus Arcade

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, junkrunner said:

A question for those of you who switched between hyperspin and launch box... is it simple to move the emu movies content between the 2 systems or did you redownload everything.

Also if I download a "complete" set of emumovies content (using the sync client) will I be able import that into hyperspin and launchbox without too much drama?

No takers? Maybe I should create a separate thread?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/10/2018 at 10:29 PM, junkrunner said:

A question for those of you who switched between hyperspin and launch box... is it simple to move the emu movies content between the 2 systems or did you redownload everything.

Also if I download a "complete" set of emumovies content (using the sync client) will I be able import that into hyperspin and launchbox without too much drama?

Yes you should be able to import all your emumovies content into launch box without re-downloading anything. You just install Launch Box wherever you want, import all your games into Launch Box and cut/copy and paste your platform videos into "(Launch Box Folder)\Videos\Platforms" and your game gameplay videos into "(Launch Box Folder)\Videos\(Platform folder that your videos belong to)." The same applies to your images but instead of going into the Videos folder, you go into the Images folder. Make sure your platform videos and platform images have the same name as the platform on Launchbox which is usually the full name, not abbreviations (For example: Game Boy Advance, not GBA) and your gameplay videos and images must have the exact same name as your roms. I'm sure thats all obvious and you already done all that but I just thought I'd mention it anyway. Once thats all done, they should all play on BigBox automatically but if you dont have Launch Box Premium, then you can get the gameplay videos to play in Launch Box Next by going to Tools/Options/General/Game Details and under "Show", tick "Video" option and click OK.

53 minutes ago, Azgorath said:

Yes you should be able to import all your emumovies content into launch box without re-downloading anything. You just install Launch Box wherever you want, import all your games into Launch Box and cut/copy and paste your platform videos into "(Launch Box Folder)\Videos\Platforms" and your game gameplay videos into "(Launch Box Folder)\Videos\(Platform folder that your videos belong to)." The same applies to your images but instead of going into the Videos folder, you go into the Images folder. Make sure your platform videos and platform images have the same name as the platform on Launchbox which is usually the full name, not abbreviations (For example: Game Boy Advance, not GBA) and your gameplay videos and images must have the exact same name as your roms. I'm sure thats all obvious and you already done all that but I just thought I'd mention it anyway. Once thats all done, they should all play on BigBox automatically but if you dont have Launch Box Premium, then you can get the gameplay videos to play in Launch Box Next by going to Tools/Options/General/Game Details and under "Show", tick "Video" option and click OK.

That sounds good, but now the question is does Launch box do anything different to that when it automates the download? I believe my roms are named properly, otherwise it'll be a huge amount of time to rename it all or to write a piece of code to do it...

26 minutes ago, junkrunner said:

That sounds good, but now the question is does Launch box do anything different to that when it automates the download? I believe my roms are named properly, otherwise it'll be a huge amount of time to rename it all or to write a piece of code to do it...

Nah it shouldn't change anything. if your videos worked with your games on hyperspin then they should just automatically work on LB as long as you got the videos in their correct platform folders.

36 minutes ago, Azgorath said:

Nah it shouldn't change anything. if your videos worked with your games on hyperspin then they should just automatically work on LB as long as you got the videos in their correct platform folders.

Awesome.

I see you hail from South Africa, I lived there many moons ago...

4 minutes ago, junkrunner said:

Awesome.

I see you hail from South Africa, I lived there many moons ago...

I wouldn't exactly say hail like its a good thing but yeah. You lucky you in USA.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:29 AM, junkrunner said:

Shouldn't be too difficult. Also, since you're a lifetime member, you can download any necessary files from the emumovies server directly through LaunchBox while you're importing your roms. Coming from someone who switched from hyperspin to launchbox about 3 years ago, I can tell you that it's relatively easy and smooth

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone! First post! I have been using LaunchBox for a few years now. More specifically, I stream Big Box from my main PC to my Shield TV in my living room. I have tweaked it out to be more kid and wife friendly and it works great! I've only scratched the surface with visual customizations, but it looks great even stock. 

Cheers!

• 6 months later...

Hyperspin on my desktop, since it has the most power

GameEx on my Custom Arcade (now gone) because of limitation and specific goals (used to have a ArcadeVGA on old Hantarex monitor so no need for modern/current gen stuff)

Nowadays with big UHD 4k screens i'm using Kodi+Rom Collection Browser (not a poll option though)

• 5 months later...

Archived