Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

EmuMovies Front End Poll '16

Circo

Which Front Ends Do You Use  

1,256 members have voted

1. 1. Choose all that you use (Multiple Choice)

• emuControlCenter
    • GameEx
    • HyperSpin
    • LaunchBox
    • Mala
    • mGalaxy
    • Retro FE
    • Rom Collection Browser (Kodi)
    • AttractMode
    • RetroPi
    • Maximus Arcade

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice choice Jack.  Literally JUST seconds ago I got my first emulator to work in Hyperspin.  It felt so good to triumph.  I was NES using Nestopia and of course I had to run "rename roms.exe" and then create the xml file.

Although it's tough to configure, Hyperspin by far.  I'm not big on all the video and audio and flashy stuff - you can make it as simple as you'd like.  I do love the game previews so you can recognize the game before launch. The large support group makes it so much better.

As a few people above I'm very new to this so I'm giving a try to HyperSpin and Launchbox (much simpler than HyperSpin indeed) at the moment. Seems like I'll have to give a try to GameEx next then hopefully make my choice between those 3.

On 3/27/2016 at 8:46 PM, perndawg said:

Nice choice Jack.  Literally JUST seconds ago I got my first emulator to work in Hyperspin.  It felt so good to triumph.  I was NES using Nestopia and of course I had to run "rename roms.exe" and then create the xml file.

My vote goes to HyperSpin.  Where do you get this "rename roms.exe" file? Sounds like it could save me A LOT OF TIME.  I have several systems working in HyperSpin, just collecting roms and media at the moment.

LaunchBox for me - the developer, Jason, is now working on it full time and an already great product will just continue to get better and better.  Its simplicity has carved out a clear niche for it in the frontend market and I think this has the potential to become the leading frontend over time.

I'm an mGalaxy supporter and while HyperSpin is the most whiz-bang experience with all of the bells and whistles you could want, it takes work to setup, tweak and demanding on lower end systems that could run MAME just fine, but not Hyperspin smoothly.

Vs. everything else, mGalaxy is the complete package of lightweight, easy-to-use, streamlined, beautiful, cool front-end that just works.

Hi all,

For me, sure, Hyperspin, but i think not for long time....

Actually, the frontend is not updated, (no out transitions, etc...) problem for theme makers...

But is the most powerfull, configurable, etc...

I think Launchbox can be good, i follow updates...

For me the revolution is not hyperspin, but Rocketlauncher............... I love IT ! and its compatible with many frontends

bye

On 3/25/2016 at 4:38 PM, wickedjesse said:

hello, i am very new to this and am currently using the first one i came across. MAXIMUS ARCADE. it's not on the list. not sure what that means. I am open to try others.

I was just coming to post the same thing. (New member here, thanks for having me!)

I like Maximus Arcade quite a bit...thinking of trying Hyperspin, but I'm worried about all the time needed to switch from one front end to another.

21 hours ago, luxmen said:

Hi all,

For me, sure, Hyperspin, but i think not for long time....

Actually, the frontend is not updated, (no out transitions, etc...) problem for theme makers...

But is the most powerfull, configurable, etc...

I think Launchbox can be good, i follow updates...

For me the revolution is not hyperspin, but Rocketlauncher............... I love IT ! and its compatible with many frontends

bye

Yeah, RocketLauncher is pretty much the brains behind HyperSpin and IMO, HyperSpin wouldn't be where it is without it! Sure, HyperSpin can run emulators stand-alone without RocketLauncher, but it's much more user friendly and just makes things easier to setup and like you said, RocketLauncher can work right alongside other front-ends. HyperSpin really needs to be updated properly and get with the times... but who knows when or if that will happen. Although I hear a 2.0 is coming... for now though, LaunchBox is where it's at for me.

• 3 weeks later...

LaunchBox...  All the Way.........................................

Best for a very large Collection .   For organization.     Sophisticated look

& BigBox for the Cabinet :)

thanks Jason!!        I think next years polls will will be even closer...

Big thanks to whoever added Launchbox to the ballad!

My 2nd would be Hyperspin, because as everyone knows it looks sooo good

Guest toddahhhh

Glutton for punishment, Hyperspin user here, I'm in the middle of setting it up now... about to have a coronary....cant wait until this setup is finished

I've spent a year setting up Hyperspin and yesterday took the jump and started a LaunchBox install (just to see how it looks) and all I can say is wow how easy was that..... So my votes at this moment in time goes to both LaunchBox and HyperSpin, BUT I can see that in a few months time it will be a straight LaunchBox vote if the rest of the install goes as smoothly as yesterday.

Archived