Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

EmuMovies Front End Poll '16

Circo

Which Front Ends Do You Use  

1,256 members have voted

1. 1. Choose all that you use (Multiple Choice)

• emuControlCenter
    • GameEx
    • HyperSpin
    • LaunchBox
    • Mala
    • mGalaxy
    • Retro FE
    • Rom Collection Browser (Kodi)
    • AttractMode
    • RetroPi
    • Maximus Arcade

EmuMovies Favorite Front End Poll 2016.png

It has been a few years since we started our last Front-End poll and the scene has changed drastically.  Please cast your vote for your favorite frond end and tell us a little bit about your experience in the comments.  If you see a front-end that is not on the list let us know and we will add it.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that I never liked Hyperspin until a few weeks ago.  It was a pain to figure out and I didn't have time to scour forums to learn unique configuration tweaks that were needed to make it work right.  There has been a great effort by people to create youtube content to explain how to get things configured properly.  I love how my hyperspin setup is coming together now.

I have tried several over the years, but GameEx has been the easiest to setup and customize to my liking with little need for additional outside scripting required. It just works.

Not to mention, it has one of the best and active support forums and active development by its author for a frontend of its age, bar none.

I'd have to say Hyperspin for 2 reasons.

1.) It's much more visual than the other front-ends I've seen.
2.) It's much more customizable than what I've seen as well.

You can check mine out here, and you'll notice it's quite different from the default settings the majority of people use. (though there are some fantastic ones out there)

LaunchBox for me, I have tried many other front ends, and LaunchBox is by far the easiest and quickest to actually set up and play games, and it gets all the artwork for you easily and quickly with minimal fuss.

GameEX is still my number one, but I've been messing around a lot with LaunchBox lately and I have to say it's getting better and better all the time! Easy to configure, looks great, and gets the job done plain and simple. I voted GameEx last time around but my vote this time is going to the "new guy" in town, LaunchBox! I see great things coming from this one in the future...

It is interesting to see how strongly people feel about their choices.  I have no experience with any front end but I chose to try Hyperspin.  It is nice to see that there is strong support for other options.

Just moved over to Launchbox from Hyperspin. HS way too complicated and i found i spent all my time trying to get it to work. Launch box is simple, and BigBox mode looks really nice too.

Archived