Wood Is BACK In Canada, Creating more videos for LaunchBox!
Development progress on LaunchBox 7.8 is coming along well; this week we added:
- Shortcut keys and controller buttons in Big Box for switching to any particular view type (platforms, playlists, genres, etc.)
- The ability to automatically download videos for playlists now as well as platforms (using Tools - Download Platform/Playlist Theme Videos)
- Support for custom fields in the auto-populating playlists
- Made the auto-populate playlists even more flexible with more comparison types
- Next, we are tackling the option to automatically create playlists for all the various arcade platform subdivisions (Data East Classics, Irem Classics, Capcom Classics, etc.); this may even be available by the time you watch this video
YouTuber ETA Prime is joining us to help with the tutorial videos! He’s been doing some excellent LaunchBox tutorials on his own channel for a while, and we couldn’t help but steal him up! The first tutorial from him is already up and covers Super Nintendo emulation with SNES9x; it’s the absolute easiest way to get up and running with SNES.
Keltoigael’s CityHunter theme for Big Box has been updated with an amazing new background video called Flash Back 2012.
RetroGaming has been going to town creating startup videos for Big Box, and he’s uploaded something like 15 different awesome videos to the LaunchBox forums! There are now over 30 different startup video options available on the forums, so you’re bound to find something you like.
James Baker also has two more platform videos for you guys: NEC PC-FX and NEC PC Engine.
ETA Prime's new tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO7X0_Cgkgc
Keltoigael's CityHunter theme demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=533FnB8a5Ds
Keltoigael's CityHunter theme download: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/225-cityhunter/
Tons of Big Box startup videos: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/7-big-box-startup-videos/
James Baker's NEC PC-FX video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IphM7j6z2c
James Baker's NEC PC Engine video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gStP5iEOV0o
Our Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/launchbox
Our Forums: https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum
Our Twitter: https://twitter.com/launchboxapp
Our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/launchboxapp
Our Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jasondavidcarr