Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

The First Video Game I Ever Played Was...

Riffman81

My first game was propably Super Mario Bros. on NES.
Though my family had at the time a PC running MS-DOS and Win 3.1 and I played a lot of Prehistorik, Blues Brother and DuckTales: The Quest for Gold on it.
I can't really say which one was the first... :P

What comes to arcades - I guess Time Crisis 1 or some Sega Rally.

Also I remember playing Duke Nukem and Captain Hook pinball machines when I was like 3 years old.

Those were good times :)

EDIT: It's really fun to see how much there are regional differences when speaking about "the firsts"

• 3 weeks later...

The first arcade video game I remember playing and falling in love with was Stunt Bike.  I must have been 4 years old visiting my grandparents in Clear Lake, CA.  The game was at the local mini-putt course.   I remember Dragster being there too but I distinctly remember falling in love with Stunt Bike...

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm guessing it was Pac-Man for the 2600. I was obsessed with Pac-Man when I was 3. (this was 1982)  I know I watched my sister play alot and that must have been the first game I tried.  I also remember playing Pitfall but my sister had to help me get across the crocodiles with no vine.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pong for me too, on my cousin's Binatone console. Also quite likely Space Invaders or a similarly early arcade machine at the local community centre social club.

For those of us who have been playing videogames since the the 1970s, the ability to actually remember that far back is now an achievement in itself!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My first memories of playing arcade machines were playing pong, space invaders and asteroids at a ski resort that we always went to. 

My first memories of videogame or computer was in middle school which was LodeRunner on a Commodore Pet computer.

My first videogame console at home was a Commodore VIC20.  I also had a pong machine so I'm guessing that came before the VIC20.

I remember throwing my old pong machine in the trash in high school when I was cleaning out my old stuff.  I sure wish I didn't do that now as I'd love to have that on display in my house.

• 3 weeks later...