Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Super Mario RPG 2, am I the only one?

lytesenthedarc

Ok, so a little random. I gotta say Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars is one of my favorite games. I know that there have been plenty of "Spiritual Sequels" to the game (i.e. Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi). But wouldn't it be nice if there was a direct sequel to the original? Am I the only one that continues to dream for this?

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I've been wanting this for years! I remember purchasing my copy of the original game. Really wish this would've happened back on the SNES's life cycle, but I wouldn't mind seeing a direct sequel on Wii U as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/12/2017 at 9:03 PM, TragicallyGeek said:

I was sorely disappointed when Nintendo release Paper Mario as the sequel.  Not sure what was going on with the Square agreement.

I think it was related Final Fantasy VII, and Square wanting the N64 to use CDs, so they broke ties with Nintendo and went over to Sony. I'm sure that wasn't the only reason, but it was a major one.

• 1 year later...

Square did make a Mario sports game for the 3DS. But a sequel to Mario RPG would be great indeed, revisiting it currently with my daughter on the SNES mini!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...