Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hi All  I'm  Allen, Just cut the cord with the crooks, Just getting into rom's and emulator's and the Great Amazing world of streaming and all the wonderful things that can be done, with just a little time. Looking Forward to contributing to this Awesome site.. Its gonna be a lot of fun!!:Animation13:

1 hour ago, bendlebum said:

Hi All  I'm  Allen, Just cut the cord with the crooks, Just getting into rom's and emulator's and the Great Amazing world of streaming and all the wonderful things that can be done, with just a little time. Looking Forward to contributing to this Awesome site.. Its gonna be a lot of fun!!:Animation13:

Welcome to the most stressful yet rewarding hobby around! :)

Just wanted to say hi and to give a big thanks to everyone involved in the site (incl contributors).  Being able to have video snaps to help show gameplay has been a big desire of mine for awhile.

Hey guys!

My name is Alexander but you can call me B00zeIsC00L. I like launch box, really want to get premium. I have SO many Roms. So, if you want Roms just let me know (I don't have ALL the roms in the world remember that)

Also my PC is TRASH :Animation18:

Note: My name is NOT alexander AND I don't look like the person on my profile picture!

Hey everyone, so brand new to emulating and am currently building my first machine using the RASPBERRY PI3 in Attract Mode. Noticed that I'm not getting snaps and wheels for certain things so thought I'd sign up here and see if I can learn something new. Any ideas or advice is greatly appreciated. GAME ON!

Hello people,

I am from Panama.  Just got started looking into building an arcade cabinet, so I am gathering the pieces.  I am planning on using Hyperspin as the front-end with MAME and Nintendo emulators.

Cheers!

JSpinner

Just to say hello from France ! :cool:

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 with RetroPie and Attract Mode on a TV but I'm planning to build an arcade cabinet very soon. 

Hello,

My name is Blackadder and are from the Netherlands. have Always bought game consoles since the late 70s. First Pong, then Videopac and then the Atari 2600. I had Colecovision, C64, NES, Super Nintendo, N64, PSX, Gamecube, PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii and now the Nintendo Mini Classic. As a fan of the retro games i discovered this wonderful site Cheers to you all!

Hi all, my name is Pieter (neophyter), I am a hardware software programer in life. I has been like 3 days now. for my first setup of a arcade machine. I ran into some problems I tried to fix now alle the site's have been a great help but im not done yet :) . hope in time I can contribute to this site. 

Neophyter

• 1 month later...

Hi all.  Found this site a while ago and couldnt find a front end I liked, well I found one and came right back here to became a lifetime member.  This is going to complete the arcade that I have been setting up and make it more arcade and less computer. I am open to any and all feedback/suggestions/links to helpful videos/articles that anyone wants to share.  Game on everyone, drop them quarters lol

Hey all, 

my name is Kivikaki and I'm from germany. I found emumovies after setting up my Launchbox Frontend.

I am looking forward to built my own Arcade Cabinet. I make very slow but steady process..:D

• 2 weeks later...

I am the infamous NLS (or NULUSIOS for some).

I live in Greece (which is a thread by itself), I am registered here since 2013 I think, but I was not active for my own reasons (that will keep to myself).

I am in emulation since it pretty much started (in consumer/home computers). I was always fan of the concept, even before the element of "retro" and nostalgia was part of it.

The first emulator I used was a Spectrum emulator (could emulate only the display and BASIC) on... CBM64. I used it to run the way more elaborate BASIC programs that existed in Spectrum. I remember I copied the BASIC code from a magazine, with the a pseudo-3D drawing of a cap (which is a part of a sine wave rotated in 3D space). It worked fine.

Later with the Amiga, I used a few emulators, including CBM64 ones (here the nostalgia part was begining to emerge) and I even tried (and succeeded) to make Amiga, emulate CBM64 and in turn run the Spectrum emulator in it.

You know the drill... Nowadays, we can have dual cascaded virtual machines, so we can actually have our Win10, run a virtual Win7, run a virtual WinXP, run a Linux virtual machine, run UAE on it, run an Amiga C64 emulator on it and in there run that old Spectrum BASIC emulator. :D

Anyway, I have a few terabytes of emulation data/metadata, but I am still not sold to a specific front-end or something to make this non-geek-friendly. I eventually have to do this, as having a kid at 9 y.o and one 14 m.o, I want them to be able to dig in easily and see how things were back then when their dad started with computing.

I started at 9 (which was uncommon 33 years ago), immediately was grabbed by the world of computers and eventually became my profession too.

I don't envy people that never experienced computing where you had to type something in monochrome screen and having REALLY limited resource (and no Internet to search) and this pushed you to become more resourceful and in the end... smarter. At least this is my take.

BTW, I am not quite fond of paying for stuff that is actually available publicly or is sold by someone that doesn't actually OWN the source. Yes people pay for Golden Gate vacation cards, still, this is only because some people are bored to take the photo themselves, print it and write on the back.

Ah, I hope to eventually make my own cabinet (I have it designed) and an elaborate controller (I have it designed too and can be made along or independently of the whole cabinet). I even have a controller board in my closet waiting. No time.

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys, avo from Australia. First post so keen to learn lots. gamer for years (40+ years old now) so really keen to get in and learn some stuff from you guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone - I'm not new to this forum but have never introduced myself.

I'm Keeper

I love the site changes and I'm here to get back into retro gaming!