Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Do Not Share Your Account Info

Circo

We have been upgrading our system security controls over the last few weeks. IP monitoring has extended from the site to now include Download Service and F.T.P. monitoring. Actually most of this was already in place but unless we were specifically looking for something we wouldn't necessarily see problems. Over the last 24 hours most systems have now been automated and some of the results were very alarming. So far over 100 accounts have been auto banned by the system for sharing account information. In one case an account was accessed by over 500 different computers. I debated putting this up as a news item, but it's best to put it out there and also explain how to resolve if an account is locked out in error.

#1 Do not create duplicate accounts or share your account information with anyone. The system will auto ban your account if this happens. This includes the Website, Download Service and F.T.P.

#2 If your account gets banned or locked out, the only recourse is to create a support ticket [here]. Our team will review the information and make a decision to reinstate based on the situation.

We hope this does not cause any inconvenience to our users but we had to do something and this seemed like the best solution.

Click here to view the article

• Like 1

Sharing your account info is a TOS violation, and all members caught doing so should be banned for life without refund. Paying members support the app devs who put countless hours into this venture. By sharing your account you are taking away the revenue that funds this massive project, and in turn will affect all of us. So please think before you act.

• Like 1

Wow, that really is distressing news Circo. I'm sorry to hear that some rogue users were abusing this wonderful resource to such a degree. It's a real bummer that some supposed gaming enthusiasts have such little respect for the hobby. Thanks for all that you and the rest of the EmuMovies team do Circo!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hadn't been to the site in a while and I just saw this. What about when people access the same account from a couple of different locations? Like I recently moved house and my IP changed, but also I access the FTp at work sometimes because it's a faster connection than at home. My account is still here so I assume I'm ok, I was just curious as to the rules regarding this?

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

lots of time and energy goes into providing this awesome content.  Coming from the Cyber security industry, I am glad to see you have monitoring and controls put into action.

• 4 weeks later...

How is this detected?

I mean my emulation disks are portable. I have them at work (with static IP), but also at home (with dynamic IP and different computers - three of them) and is also possible to use this on a laptop over a 4G connection (different IP) on vacations.

How does the system know I am the same person?

Or it doesn't?