Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Sinclair ZX Spectrum Video Snaps.

VoxT3R

Hi all.

Apologies if this has been asked before, or if this post is in the wrong thread.

Is there/will there be any Sinclair ZX Spectrum Video Snaps posted on the FTP to use in my Spectrum Emu setup in Mala in my Arcade Cabinet? I have subscribed to the FTP and downloaded a lot of video snaps that I needed, but cannot see any ZX Speccy files or vids.

Thanks in advance.

I think I heard that brolly has some in the works...but I very well maybe recalling incorrectly.

In ether case yes there are plans for them...but when this will happen is in question.

Circo is currently swamped with getting more popular sets updated and cleaned up or redone completely.

I'm slowly getting my dick in the swing of things...but just had a bombshell go off today...so unsure if it'll effect anything or everything, as it applies to me.

So my Crystal ball is cloudy as all hell...far as when you'll get satisfaction with this system. :(

you heard right, but will still be a quite while before they will be available, I'm currently polishing the last details on the db which will have an astonishing number of almost 5000 games :-)

Movies will come next, already gathered some helpers but surely we won't be doing the full set because it's just too many, anyway if anyone wants to help with this huge task feel free to let me know as all help is more than welcome.

• 4 months later...

Is it not possible to automate movie generation using a script to run game, start it, start recording, send right for 5 seconds then left for 5 seconds, stop recording, exit then run next one using kepston joystick as controller. Sure a lot will fail but many may work. I'm new(ish) to this maybe there are programs that try and automate movie generation already?

Trouble I've had is finding a decent spectrum emulator for an arcade cab I've tried fuse (couldnt disable preset keys so conflicted with my arcade keys), zxspin(almost but needs f7 to put in joystick mode BEFORE game is run or later version has option for joystick mode but crashes mercilesslym, also seemed to hiccup sometimes), Sepctaculator seems popular but has virus alert in exe + costs $$$) etc etc...

Pretty much all of the vids here feature actual gameplay. Hard to do that automated, but we welcome any help. I personally did the whole mame set 1000's of vids and it took over a year and a good chunk of my sanity.

In theory that could be done, just don't forget you'd need to deal with the main menu which are different from game to game, but honestly you'd end up with terrible quality videos and one thing emumovies is known for is quality content. To do a good video you need a good gameplay footage and for that you need to play the game, I usually capture at least 2 minutes of gameplay to then edit the best 30 seconds out of it.

Spectaculator runs fine on a cab and that virus alert is a false positive if you have the original exe that is, if you grabbed it somewhere from the web you can't be sure about it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I am a huge fan of the old ZX Spectrum. I have Hyperspin fully up and running with all the games i need except for the ZX spectrum.

All i need is the video snaps.

If nobody is currently working on this, then i will be more that happy to make a start on them.

Let me know

I have made some snaps (Underwurlde and Knight Lore) to see if these are acceptable.

i have uploaded them to the ftp in the correct section.

I have followed the instructions by the book, so they should (Hopefully) be ok.

I have temperarily made 2 snaps per menu (Tape Loading menu and the normal menu).

Can someone please check them out and see if they are ok and which menu (I personally prefer the tape loading menu) to go with.

If they are good to go, then i will start making more.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

/Official/Video Snaps [MP4][480p]/Computer Collections/Sinclair ZX Spectrum [Videos][480p][WIP 20131217]

0 to c - 1162 videos

wow! did not expect so many games - still thousands to go

thanks for the hard work !

/Official/Video Snaps [MP4][480p]/Computer Collections/Sinclair ZX Spectrum [Videos][480p][WIP 20131217]

Is this the address of an actual page on the website?

I can't seem to access there directly, is it maybe for supporting members only?

I can't find that package by browsing the download categories i.e.

Ok, maybe I got it... it's WIP = Work In Progress, therefore available only to supporting members right?

Any plans for making it openly available in the near future (let's say e.g. in 2014)? Apparently it's been WIP for about 2 years and has 1000+ snaps already...

• 8 months later...