Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

POLL: Which Front-End is your favorite

Circo

Favorite Front-End (FE's that support video snaps)  

1,568 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite front-end?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the clean and simple look and function of Maximus

Though I'm very disappointed that is seems to no longer be supported by the developer

I'm hoping in the near future that I can find or make a similar FE Skin for Hyperspin

I love the clean and simple look and function of Maximus

Though I'm very disappointed that is seems to no longer be supported by the developer

I'm hoping in the near future that I can find or make a similar FE Skin for Hyperspin

I know Dazz is already working on this. I believe he is waiting on Maximus to say it's OK

post-1-0-29112100-1298390838_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-70583200-1298390820_thumb.jpg

Here is the link to the thread over at the HyperSpin forums:

Welcome Future HyperSpin converts from Maximus Arcade

Yeah, I was talking with Dazz on BYOAC and about that, he started it, but it never went anywhere, I played around a bit and I couldn't get the emu's to swipe left and right ( I think only one direction if I remember correctly)

I think as far as the permission goes it says on the maximus website that all the art work is ok to use

I'll mess around with it again someday

I started hyperspin few weeks ago and have been at it since. I used GameEx before that but I just need manager for my games on my HTPC and hyperspin looks very nice and I just want to play the games I love.

• 3 months later...

Well after a lot of years away from MAME, I have come back and have started with Hyperspin.

Am going to look at other FE's only when my 2 & 1/2yr old son allows me on the PC I am using for testing.

So my vote went to HS as my son finds it easy to use, so the cabinet once it's built will most likely have HS running.

• 4 weeks later...

I use Maximus Arcade, but this thread's got me considering Hyperspin and GameEx. Glad I haven't actually bought a license to MA yet. I need something to use on a HTPC (Ion) and control with a control pad. MA does that...do any of the others?

I started with GameEx but once I saw a video on Youtube about Hyperspin in action.I was amazed! What I prefer the most is actually helping the community to build themes, wheels, videos for frontends. Actually I never have time to play the games :mocking: My aim is that their presentation look cool and that's it.

• 2 weeks later...

Been using Hyperspin for over a year and a half now, before that I had no interest whatsoever in building a arcade cab or using any kind of frontend. I just didn't quite like the navigation in other frontends. Hyperspin just added the WOW factor into a frontend making it seamlessly easy to navigate while keeping it professional. I honestly haven't had a chance to sit down and play, making themes, wheels, videos is all fun in itself.

Been using Hyperspin for over a year and a half now, before that I had no interest whatsoever in building a arcade cab or using any kind of frontend. I just didn't quite like the navigation in other frontends. Hyperspin just added the WOW factor into a frontend making it seamlessly easy to navigate while keeping it professional. I honestly haven't had a chance to sit down and play, making themes, wheels, videos is all fun in itself.

Agreed, I am 12 years into this hobby and have built 3 cabs so far, however 0 are currently working. Spend too much time entirely working on this stuff.

I have donated for GameEx and enjoy it, so many great features .. but I just seem to enjoy HyperSpin more. It may be a bit more complicated to setup but I have had nothing but fun learning about it, and look forward to learning so much more.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First Post:

I'm completely new to all of this. I had zero experience with front-ends, emus, rom-sets, etc. All I knew was that I wanted to setup an arcade machine and that it should be possible somehow. I started scouring the web and was soon introduced to Maximus Arcade and Hyperspin. I loved the look of MA where as I thought HS looked a little too busy. I soon learned that MA appeared to be on it's death bed though and went with setting up a "working test" of hyperspin. As I previously mentioned, I'm new to all of this: That means I started with nothing. No Emus. No Roms. No concept of what a Good set or a No-Intro set was, and so on. In order to get HS up and running, I had to get myself familiar with apps like clrmamepro,fatmatch and it wasn't long before I was actually writing my own apps that would spin through HS's XML files to help me locate missing wheel art, naming discrepencies, etc. I admit - It seemed like a lot of work at first, but I chaulked most of that up to the fact that I was a total newb. I learned A LOT by setting up HS. The forumns and guides over at HS were a huge help though! I have yet to post a question to the forum but that's b/c I didn't have to - I was always able to find what I was looking for with a quick search. The community over at HS is excellent.

With all that being said... I decided to switch back to Maximus Arcade for my first cabinet :confused: . At least for now anyways, I just really like the simplicity of it's design. I always felt like I was trying to bend HS to look more like MA. I am going to revist HS when version 2 drops though. Hyperspin def. gets my vote for best Front-end hands down though. It's an easy call - a front-end is only as good as the community that supports it and HS clearly has a TON of great people behind it. HS will continue to get better and better where as us poor MA supporters are probably doomed.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure how to vote but my favorite is HyperSpin. It is truly a multimedia experience above and beyond just a front end for emulators. The customization is awesome, the videos from here are awesome and the ability to have your own arcade cabinet at home is awesome. I hope to someday get or make my own HyperSpin based cab but for now it will just be on my secondary PC and hooked into my 40" LCD via HDMI and played with a game pad, mouse and keyboard for now.

Not sure how to vote but my favorite is HyperSpin. It is truly a multimedia experience above and beyond just a front end for emulators. The customization is awesome, the videos from here are awesome and the ability to have your own arcade cabinet at home is awesome. I hope to someday get or make my own HyperSpin based cab but for now it will just be on my secondary PC and hooked into my 40" LCD via HDMI and played with a game pad, mouse and keyboard for now.

You vote on page one of this thread or on the sites home page :)

I use Hyperspin. Its a simpe to use and easy to set up Front end. I am very impressed with its performance. I give major kudo's To EmuMovies and Hyperspin to make emulation easier .

I started with 3D Arcade years ago and later switched to MALA, which I really enjoyed until Hysperspin came along. I now run Hyperspin on my dedicated cabinet. I had GameEx on my Home Theater PC (Media Center) until I discovered XBMC. Now I run just run MAME though a plug-in for XBMC when I am too lazy to fire up the cabinet. I am running HyperPin on my Pinball Cabinet in Progress and love it. :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

Maximus Arcade was great when I first started down the road of FE for emulators, but now it's Hyperspin nothing can really compare to it's community and it's features. Plus as far I can Maximus Arcade is dead in the water.

Archived