Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Games won't start in RetroFE

MastaHerba

Hello,
I've been trying to get the RetroFE launcher to work with RetroArch, but it still refuses to start the game, 
I've tried looking in all the different configs and wiki's, but still with no difference... :'(

The log from RetroFE shows that the game is found and launched, but RetroArch didn't show up, no errors or pop-ups.

I'm new in the mame community so I don't know much yet abaout the programs, but i'll try my best to cooperate in every way possible! :)

Thanks in advance!

this was an accident, don't mind me...

log.txt

You should probably post these things on the forums at http://www.retrofe.nl

That said: I read in your log that you call retroarch directly with the romname. I've never used retroarch myself, but if it's anything like MAME, you'll need to tell retroarch which system the rom should be run on. Any retroarch user should be able to tell you how to do that; unfortunately I'm not one of them. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, phulshof said:

You should probably post these things on the forums at http://www.retrofe.nl

That said: I read in your log that you call retroarch directly with the romname. I've never used retroarch myself, but if it's anything like MAME, you'll need to tell retroarch which system the rom should be run on. Any retroarch user should be able to tell you how to do that; unfortunately I'm not one of them. emoji3.png

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hey Phulshof, 

Thanks for the quick answer!
I tried asking it here because I'm waiting for my account to be verified on the RetroFE forums ;)

Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look at it, it sure will be usefull! :)

8 hours ago, MastaHerba said:

I tried asking it here because I'm waiting for my account to be verified on the RetroFE forums ;)

Ah, yes, sorry about that. :) We had a huge flood of spam lately, so I'm manually checking all applications to reduce that problem. I've just approved your account.

• 1 year later...

In case you haven't sorted this out here is an example of the windows.launcher file for SNES

executable = E:/retrofe/Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.exe
arguments = "%ITEM_FILEPATH%" -L "cores\snes9x2010_libretro.dll"

Just replace the core for each emulator

Archived