Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Screen Shot mapping

Coleman

I am looking to make a map while playing through a game.  I would like the map to be made up of screenshots that are stich ed together because there are a lot of details in each screen that need to be included in the map... any suggestions on a good way to do this?

Try some tool like "Image composite editor" From the description:  

Given a set of overlapping photographs of a scene shot from a single camera location, the app creates a high-resolution panorama that seamlessly combines the original images.

It's not its intended use but may be worth trying.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Look into Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE) or AutoStitch.  Both are Windows applications to do the post stitching.  SnagIt is still probably one of the best SS apps out there.  You can bind it to a key, and it supports D3D so you can SS in the middle of game on your cab.

Sorry, to clarify and why I brought up D3D.  SnagIt will support screen shot even in full direct X modem.  If you set a keybinding, you can than use a shift character with your control encoder to activate.  Picture middle of an arcade game, hold Player 1 Start and hit Down takes a screen shot.

• 10 months later...

Hmm.. Maybe a different question here...

Does anyone have a software package that is used to automap a game during game play.

mostly i m interested in old dungeon crawlers before they all had map functions, but there are other games like metroid and castlequest that might be a little more difficult.

Maybe i dont need to reinvent the wheel?

• 3 months later...