Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Bezels.. how to make those 16x9 bezelz work? :D

vermin

Bezels.. how to make those 16x9 bezelz work? :D

OK. Bezels.. 

I got Bezels working.. that is 4:3 resolution . And they work just fine. 
But if I try to use 16:9 bezels.. Like those in Emumovies FTP.  

(MAME Unified Bezel Pack (RocketLauncher)(Metalzoic) ) 

My Rocketlauncher starts... it says loading complete. Then the screen freeezes.. I hear a game start but can't do anything. 
my only escape at this time is.. ctrl+alt+del and go to sign out. 

SO.. please can someone please tell me how to load 16x9 bezels on Hyperspin/Rocketlauncher? 

• 6 months later...

I think you need to decide on which program is to handle the bezel: RocketLauncher, MAME or RetroArch. Depending on that choice also depends on which set of bezels you should download, and how to install them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

In general, the first step is to figure out what the viewport information of the bezel is. You can sometimes pull that from the cfg file, and otherwise figure it out using a graphical tool (I often use Gimp). You then create the .lay information:

<element name="Bezel name (pick something)">
  <image file="Name of the bezel image"/>
</element>

<view name="View name in MAME (pick something)">
  <screen index="0">
    <bounds x="viewport x information" y="viewport y information" width="viewport width" height="viewport height"/>
  </screen>
  <bezel element="Name of the element you picked above">
    <bounds x="0" y="0" width="width of the bezel image" height="height of the bezel image"/>
  </bezel>
</view>

x, y, width, and height for the screen basically defines the area on the bezel where the game should be displayed.

I already answered your similar question regarding Metalzoic's set in another thread, but you could also simply download my MAME bezel set from the FTP. It already includes Metalzoic's set.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, BlackTiger78 said:

Thanks for info, I'll consider to download yoyr pack from FTP when i'll have access for it.

Your pack is compatible with plain mame right ?

Yes, the pack can be used with plain mamedev.org MAME.

• 4 months later...

I am trying to setup Bezels as well.

I have everything working, but i am having trouble configuring the viewport in RetroArch.

I watched the Austin video on setting up RetroArch with Bezels within the Genesis --> HyperSpin setup video, but the RetroArch GUI has changed quite a bit since he put the video out.

Does anyone know of a newer tutorial that i can use to get things working without all of the trial and error?

Thanks!

Archived