Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Unable to get RetroFE to run after extracting all files

shaolin95

Hello!
So I  downloaded the Retro FE Media Pack 1.0 and sadly after 3 days downloading, I just added Roms to the NES folder after extracting the files there as instructed. Then I tried launching RetroFE but nothing happens.
I went to the core folder where the Retrofe.exe is and ran it and again nothing happens at all.
This is running Windows 10 64bit. Am I missing something here?
Thanks!

My guess is that you didn't unpack all the rar files, and as a result are now missing at least one settings.conf file. Check the log.txt to find out which one.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, phulshof said:

My guess is that you didn't unpack all the rar files, and as a result are now missing at least one settings.conf file. Check the log.txt to find out which one.

Wow one of the extractions was done incorrectly so it created another folder, so you were right!
Now is time to go to sleep and tomorrow I will have to figure out how to configure the game pads (xbox usb ones). I am hoping there is a GUI to do this within the app because I did a quick search and all I saw was a reference to a config file instead.

Thanks!!!

I'm afraid we don't have a gui yet, but they're all text files, and not that complex really. You can always ask a question on the forums at www.retrofe.nl; several people should be able to provide you with a working control configuration. :) Unfortunately I'm not one of them since I don't use an xbox controller.

6 hours ago, phulshof said:

I'm afraid we don't have a gui yet, but they're all text files, and not that complex really. You can always ask a question on the forums at www.retrofe.nl; several people should be able to provide you with a working control configuration. :) Unfortunately I'm not one of them since I don't use an xbox controller.

Thanks I went and asked there now. By the way, I know this is a front end for Retroarch so just to make sure, since I downloaded the full thing from here, I am not supposed to have retroarch installed as well for RetroFE to work correctly, right?
I ask because so far I am not able to control with the keyboard or some xbox 360 config file I found on the other forum.

Thakns

So I saw. Unfortunately you are using the old forum. RetroFE has moved to http://www.retrofe.nl

You say you cannot control it with the keyboard either using the original controls.conf file?

Setting up a controller can be tricky at times; some users use remappers to make it easier.

Archived