5 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone:

I'm setting up mgalaxy and cant figure out how to get the escape key to work with the mess emulator.

I have atari 5200, and atari 7800 running through this emulator, and have downloaded the mess script.exe from the mgalaxy site

I placed it in a folder called mess in the mgalaxy data folder. I also downloaded the atari 7800 script and did the same, 

Use scripts where available" is checked, still the escape key does not exit the emulator.

Any help please and many thanks...

aaronfire,

You should ask support on the mGalaxy forum...this is the natural place to get support and the forum is full of nice and helpful guys, you should have your problem quickly addressed there! http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/

I'm using this wonderful frontend too and what I can say to you is that there's no more need to manage scripts by yourself anymore, mGalaxy does it by itself...so your problem is elsewhere! (Can't help you further cause I don't use Mess)

Hello Jamye 65

This problem is not just mess, I cant use the escape key in stella either.

May I ask, do you use scripts for yours, If so exactly where did you get them from, and where did you put them. I have Stella and the escape key doesn't work for that either. I think i'm placing the scripts in the right spot . If you use them can you please confirm this

Thanks in advance for any help...

And best Regards: Aaron... 

3 minutes ago, aaronfire said:

May I ask, do you use scripts for yours, If so exactly where did you get them from, and where did you put them. I have Stella and the escape key doesn't work for that either. I think i'm placing the scripts in the right spot . If you use them can you please confirm this

As I told you, there's no more need to manage scripts by yourself! (The scripts are still on the website for previous versions users!)

Are you using the latest mGalaxy version?

I'm using Stella without any problem thanks to the extreme simplicity of mGalaxy! (understand: I didn't had to bother about scripts)

Hello:

I am using Mgalaxy 6.0, I have even set up a database for mame and had no problem.  Are you saying I do not have to download scripts at all?

If so, wouldn't the escape key always work? 

thanks in advance...

Hello Jamye 65

This problem is not just mess, I cant use the escape key in stella either.

And best Regards: Aaron... 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mgalaxy

What's new!

New “Presenter” theme added.     mGalaxy_Runway : Database > Hidden items can be restored to ‘Visible’.     mGalaxy_Runway: Database > Show/hide Hidden items (displayed in a different text format)     mGalaxy_Runway: Database > Show/hide Missing items (displayed in a different text format)     mGalaxy_Runway: Database > New database server added.     mGalaxy_Runway: Database > Media download extended to movies, clear logos, fan arts.     Game description cleaned up from parenthesis and brackets (and their content) [Option]     Game list animation when scrolling [Option]     Game list with logo images (for compatible themes) [Option]     mGalaxy_Runway: Mame database creation further simplified.
      “Catver.ini” & “nplayers.ini” automatically downloaded when missing.

More info and download on http://www.mgalaxy.com

• By Circo
      The mGalaxy front end has been updated to version 6 and this looks to be a pretty extensive update.  Looks like we have improved emulator support,  an attract mode, multiple monitor support and more.  Give this new version a try and let us know what you think in the comments.  Continue reading for a full list of features and fixes included in this release.

Incredible amount of new features into v6.0!!
      Automatic script handling.
      No more need to handle scripts installation! No more need to worry whether an emulator needs a script or not to work, mGalaxy will manage it by itself! RetroArch added to available systems. Command window hidden.
      The command window may now be hidden when the emulator is launched (for systems allowing it, like ‘Mame’ for instance) Uppercase and lower case rom file extensions are now allowed. Screensaver/Attract Mode. Theme switching (Premium).
      Set one (different) theme per system. Localization (French, German, Portuguese for now!). mGalaxy_Runway system creation setup revised.
      You now drag and drop the system you need (as many instances as you want) to build your system list (this would allow you, for instance, to create 3 different MAME systems!) Systems window: filtering on arcade/computer/console. mGalaxy_Runway: box/marquee images support (for themes allowing this functionality). Scroll speed setting.
      Let you define the scrolling speed of the list when direction keys are held. Pre-Launch settings.
      Allows you to launch another application/script/document before launching game (for instance, to auto load map to ‘Ultimarc Ultrastik 360’) Child lock (per key/button).
      When set, the key/button has to be held for 3 seconds to run. Compatible with every screen resolution (e.g. 640x480px). mGalaxy_Runway: database creator (with resume functionality). mGalaxy_Runway: database editor (Premium). mGalaxy_Runway: data/media export (database, favorites, roms, snaps, boxes, videos). Multiple monitor support. Command Help panel.
      Displays all the actions available and their corresponding key/button shortcut mGalaxy_Runway: Mame database creation updated Spread the news !!

• By Circo
      The mGalaxy front end has been updated to version 6 and this looks to be a pretty extensive update.  Looks like we have improved emulator support,  an attract mode, multiple monitor support and more.  Give this new version a try and let us know what you think in the comments.  Continue reading for a full list of features and fixes included in this release.

Incredible amount of new features into v6.0!!
      Automatic script handling.
      No more need to handle scripts installation! No more need to worry whether an emulator needs a script or not to work, mGalaxy will manage it by itself! RetroArch added to available systems. Command window hidden.
      The command window may now be hidden when the emulator is launched (for systems allowing it, like ‘Mame’ for instance) Uppercase and lower case rom file extensions are now allowed. Screensaver/Attract Mode. Theme switching (Premium).
      Set one (different) theme per system. Localization (French, German, Portuguese for now!). mGalaxy_Runway system creation setup revised.
      You now drag and drop the system you need (as many instances as you want) to build your system list (this would allow you, for instance, to create 3 different MAME systems!) Systems window: filtering on arcade/computer/console. mGalaxy_Runway: box/marquee images support (for themes allowing this functionality). Scroll speed setting.
      Let you define the scrolling speed of the list when direction keys are held. Pre-Launch settings.
      Allows you to launch another application/script/document before launching game (for instance, to auto load map to ‘Ultimarc Ultrastik 360’) Child lock (per key/button).
      When set, the key/button has to be held for 3 seconds to run. Compatible with every screen resolution (e.g. 640x480px). mGalaxy_Runway: database creator (with resume functionality). mGalaxy_Runway: database editor (Premium). mGalaxy_Runway: data/media export (database, favorites, roms, snaps, boxes, videos). Multiple monitor support. Command Help panel.
      Displays all the actions available and their corresponding key/button shortcut mGalaxy_Runway: Mame database creation updated Spread the news !!

View full article