Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Retroarch - Genesis Overlay & Border

Orionsangel

On 12/11/2016 at 9:20 AM, shinmusashi44 said:

Can retroarch auto change system overlays to for each system? never used overlays, so don't know much about them.

Yup it can do this pretty easily.  You just save a different configuration for each system.  I have original controllers for each system too so it saves all my button mapping separately for each system as well.

• 2 weeks later...

On 28/12/2016 at 10:29 AM, DMJohn0X said:

Is there a tutorial or guide to using these overlays? BTW this is beautiful. Also, do shaders affect the overlay too or only the gameplay?

Shaders only affect the emulator image, not the overlays. About using overlays in RA, in this article you can find how they work and how to configure them: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/wiki/Overlay-image-configuration.

Basically you must copy the image and .cfg files somewhere into your Retroarch folder \ Overlays, and then select cfg file through settings tab in Retroarch.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2016 at 9:18 AM, talbin said:

Yup it can do this pretty easily.  You just save a different configuration for each system.  I have original controllers for each system too so it saves all my button mapping separately for each system as well.

I have been trying to find original controllers with no luck.  Really looking for a set of paddles for 2600... wireless is a must though!  Can you provide a link?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I don't have any 2600 controllers.  I have NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PSX, dreamcast, gamecube, and wii.  One of my friends actually has a 2600 in the box sitting in his garage.  I could ask him if he is willing to part with it.  I'm not sure of the condition.  What would something like that go for?

I guess I was thinking more like a Bluetooth replica.  Want to have the same control experience, but without the cord.  My TV is 10ft fom my couch so it would take a lot of stretching to make that reach, and then I have kids running aound.... cords are just no good.

Some of these overlays are not mine. I just altered them by adding a border frame to them. The border frame is sometimes colorized by me to match the artwork. I also added the logo at the bottom of the border frame. So just to be clear, I don't take credit for all of the artwork presented here. 

You can get the original overlays that are not mine without frame borders here,

https://github.com/nosh01/retroarch-overlays

The original border frames came from here,

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/26608-console-overlaysbezels/

Screen Glare Examples

Retro Games Overlay Collection.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...