Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Many 404 Errors when using LaunchBox to import a MAME collection and download pics/videos from EmuMovies

schmosef

Question

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong sub. Please move as necessary.

Second, I'm a noob. Sorry also if I describe something incorrectly, or otherwise put my foot in my mouth.

I recently decided to build a new MAME cab using LaunchBox as a front end.

I'm trying to import a MAME 0.178 ROM collection and I have LaunchBox configured with my EmuMovies account to download pics and videos.

During the course of the import, I get many errors all similar to "could not download from http://api.gamesdbase.com/[file name] for [game name]. The remote server returned an error: 404 Not Found".

I've attached a screenshot showing some of the errors during the import process. By the end, there are around 6000 errors.

An admin at the LaunchBox forums tells me that api.gamesdbase.com is for EmuMovies. He suggests that you guys might be having an issue.

I just wanted to check if that was the case.

I found another thread on the LaunchBox forums where someone else had the same issue and the consensus was that it was because he was using a free account and had reached his daily maximum.

I have a premium EmuMovies account. I double checked and found the PayPal receipt from 2014 for a lifetime subscription.

I'm wondering if maybe my issue is due to the API database not knowing that I have a premium account.

Is there something I need to do to activate my account for the API?

Otherwise, is there any other advice you can provide for this issue?

Errors while importing MAME ROM collection.png

18 answers to this question

I'm sorry I thought you were the one that Jason and I were working with. Well same problem and the issue was the external. So if you are also using an external drive then that's what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I change the paths and scrape files to my intrnal hdd rather than my external... the videos from here still show 404. I do not have any virus defenders or firewalls running.

No global issues right now with the system, are you running direct from modem or through a router?  Routers have built in firewalls.  Just going off things I’ve seen in the past here.  Have you tried the official Emumovies app? Different pc? Flushing DNS?

I have tried emu movies sync with same result. I am tethering my cell phone to my laptop (excellent speed) with pdanet. This may be a problem. I have no other internet source atm.

Oh, ok I need to add that to the faq, we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the service has never tested working on a cell network :(  I don’t know what it is exactly but Verizon and AT&T definitely block it.  Not sure about the other carriers.

It works on T-Mobile, but confirmed not working on AT&T.

Is there any way around this? AT&T is my only viable option right now - T-Mobile is very slow in my current location. Would a VPN work?

I just signed up as a new member for a year a few minutes ago. I, unfortunately use a 4g modem via ATT, and I am getting nothing using the Sync app accept for retry, retry, retry. The only thing I got was a couple txt files that were created locally (have.txt & missing.txt).

Kinda looks like I wont be getting anything for my donation...hahaha 

I have been battling issues with both Sprint and ATT using a hotspot (sprint) and a 4G modem (ATT).  The problem is  the cell carriers are using a NAT that blocks all incoming web requests, I.E. I can't connect from the outside world back into my local network when trying to use things like a Plex media server, IFFTT, host local websites, and any voice commands used by Google Home or Alexa that uses any type of web request or webhook.

In my case, I live in AL, but the world thinks I am in Atlanta, GA. When I try to access things from the outside world, it hits the NAT in Atlanta and gets blocked and never reaches the "so called public IP address" that the NAT is assigning me in GA.

I would be more than happy to help with any testing if needed.

Well pretty much wasted nearly 6 weeks of my paid membership with time out errors, i ended up having to remove my login in LB, the times outs were horrendous, even using the EmuSync pretty much the same exact thing. I've tried pretty much everything i can this end, VPN, different connections, still masses of timeouts.

While i know issues can arise like this, and running a popular website is a full time job, i feel that emumovies has become pretty unstable and near unusable for me at least in the last two months. Which is a shame as i had pretty much no issues before everything got changed around.

I do hope @Circo you get this sorted out m8, i want to continue supporting this site, but at the moment its hard to justify going for another year.

Did you submit a support ticket and do you use a cell service to connect? This whole thread is about LTE users.  If you have something else going on that is what the member support system is for.

Happy to try to help you resolve whatever issue you are having but the only changes we have made in the last few months is moving to a new FTP server.  Nothing has changed with Sync.  And the cell phone problem is not new.  It also doesn't like VPNs

On 8/7/2018 at 11:01 AM, Circo said:

Did you submit a support ticket and do you use a cell service to connect? This whole thread is about LTE users.  If you have something else going on that is what the member support system is for.

Happy to try to help you resolve whatever issue you are having but the only changes we have made in the last few months is moving to a new FTP server.  Nothing has changed with Sync.  And the cell phone problem is not new.  It also doesn't like VPNs

@Circo:

Last night I found a temporary solution for my 4G LTE issue with ATT (working for me), and it does relate with the VPN issue you mentioned above.

Yesterday  I got a 3 day trial and connected to interent using AirVPN and their portable client software (Edie). Of course speeds are not the greatest using a VPN, but the sync program worked like a charm. Disconnected from VPN and boom, back to retry, retry, retry.

I have an account with PIA, but haven't used them in months, I might try installing their software on the PC and see how it does in the next day or so. I will try to update with results.

UPDATE: I never tried PIA, just purchased AirVPN. Their portable version works much better for me and my current setup. Also, using AirVPN got Launchbox to work correct again when it has account info for EmuMovies in it (no more 404 errors). 

On 8/7/2018 at 11:04 AM, Wanderer189 said:

@Circo:

Last night I found a temporary solution for my 4G LTE issue with ATT (working for me), and it does relate with the VPN issue you mentioned above.

Yesterday  I got a 3 day trial and connected to interent using AirVPN and their portable client software (Edie). Of course speeds are not the greatest using a VPN, but the sync program worked like a charm. Disconnected from VPN and boom, back to retry, retry, retry.

I have an account with PIA, but haven't used them in months, I might try installing their software on the PC and see how it does in the next day or so. I will try to update with results.

UPDATE: I never tried PIA, just purchased AirVPN. Their portable version works much better for me and my current setup. Also, using AirVPN got Launchbox to work correct again when it has account info for EmuMovies in it (no more 404 errors). 

Can you give it another test without vpn?  

@Circo: Its working awesome. I tested the Sync program, it works great, as well as downloading meta & media via Launchbox v8.4.

So much faster than using a VPN, thank you, thank you, thank for whom ever corrected this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wanderer189 said:

@Circo: Its working awesome. I tested the Sync program, it works great, as well as downloading meta & media via Launchbox v8.4.

So much faster than using a VPN, thank you, thank you, thank for whom ever corrected this.

Awesome news!