Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Can you use Emumovies sync on one computer and transfer the data to another computer??

MegaChundler

Question

Topic says the question. Basically, I'm using a Windows XP computer for my arcade, and I've been wondering why Emumovies sync wouldn't work on my computer until I realized that it doesn't support XP. I really don't want to go through the hassle of upgrading Windows. My question is, can I use a different computer to run Emumovies sync and download all of my snaps and stuff, and then transfer those all onto my Windows XP computer? Probably stupid to some of you, but I've always been a big fan of CP and would like to keep it if possible. Thanks for Any help!

6 answers to this question

XP was great, and still can be great for anything offline, but its not a good idea to use an end of life OS on the internet.

Security holes are no longer being patched, hackers know this focus their efforts to target machines still running xp.

For an emulation box it might not be a big deal, but at the very least any accounts you have access to with said machines are at risk (or accounts that share those login credentials). Also a high chance of being infected (keyloggers, bitcoin miners, etc..) which could negatively impact performance, or maybe even becoming a zombie on a botnet and negatively affecting other people.