Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Arcade Dreams Cabinet Project

ecb116

• 4 weeks later...

I love, love, love seeing builds of people's cabs.  There is something magical about seeing their childhood dreams come alive with each new piece installed. Beautiful build!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Indeed it was a labor of love, and I am really proud of myself that i went through with it. Is it perfect? ... No!, Would I change some things if i had the chance?...yes, but they are really minor annoyances.

As far as T-mold is concerned, I thought about it, but it is not necessary, the cab sits at least 5cm above the ground so there is no fear of damage really, and since i don't have a router, I wont mess with it and F it up.

Some specs of the build

It rans a dual core intel CPU 6600 if im not mistaken, with 2GB RAM, and a GTX460 2GB VGA. It runs fine almost all games I am interested at the moment, i.e. Rocket League runs perfectly fine. 

The systems currently used are Mame, Amiga and Steam, with a couple of Mugen games.

Here are some more pics of the final build. Tell you the truth it looks better in real life ;)

Arcade Dreams front.jpg

Arcade Dreams screen.jpg

Arcade Dreams CP.jpg

Arcade Dreams side.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Funny thing is you do need a lot of space to build this thing.

Once it is done however  it doesn't take that much space. At least mine doesn't  :angel:

Latest update is that i bought a bar stool, here is a pic

Arcade Dreams with Bar Stool.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

1215566359_arcadedreamscoinmech.jpg.ce853cd6904aa9199dd43738bf84541b.jpg

Latest update here... Eagle eye viewers will notice the new working coin mech. Took me half a day to install it. Would have finished faster if I made the hole bigger for the coin return mech that, of course, I didn't take into account. No matter.

I am thinking of painting it black though. The silver stands out too much on my build and spoils my stealthy approach. Maybe a chalk finish for the ultimate rustic effect that I am going for.

What do you guys think?

Edit: You can see it in action here

8 hours ago, ecb116 said:

I am thinking of painting it black though. The silver stands out too much on my build and spoils my stealthy approach. Maybe a chalk finish for the ultimate rustic effect that I am going for.

What do you guys think?

Edit: You can see it in action here

I dig this cab, agree on the black though I would think a matte or chalk finish would start looking pretty messed up quickly.  

I went through it and painted chalk black (well it turned out grey actually ? ) . We'll see how it will stand the test of time (and my nephews...). I am quite happy with the results and the stealthy look of my cab is now restored.

Eagle eye viewers will spot the bezel art that I've  installed. ?

Arcade Dreams black coin mech 1.jpg

Arcade Dreams black coin mech 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived