Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

S.I.F.T. - System Ini File Tool

Tempest

S.I.F.T. - System Ini File Tool

What are System Ini Files?

System Ini Files have been created to provide FE Developers additional information for console games.

While Mame has Controls.dat, Nplayers.ini, and History.dat, until now there has been no easy way to provide the same types of information for consoles.

With the System Ini Files, FE's will have the ability to sort by Release Date, Genre, Perspective, Game Rating, Controls Type, Num Players, and ESRB Rating.

System Ini Files will also allow FE's to provide additional information about a game including Publisher, Developer, additional consoles, and a description of each game.

What is S.I.F.T.?

S.I.F.T. (System Ini Files Tool) is used to match and change the existing game names in the System Ini Files to a dat file. S.I.F.T. can also add additional sections to the System Ini Files from XMDB files.

XMDB Example:

In the U.S. Sega released a game for Genesis named 'AeroBiz'. The same game was released in Japan with the title 'Air Management - Oozora ni Kakeru'

Using information from XMDB files, S.I.F.T. can copy the information from AeroBiz to a new section named 'Air Management - Oozora ni Kakeru'