Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

FTP client?

RetroNutz

Question

Sorry bit of a noob question. I just wondered if the emumovies FTP client was proprietary or can I use any FTP client?

And before you ask, why wouldn't I use the official client, I was only curious because I wanted to know if I could browse the FTP area before downloading any content. Is this possible in the official FTP download?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Circo said:

We recommend filezilla for the ftp but any client will do.  Keep in mind that sync and ftp are completely different servers so it's not the "same thing"

Ok? slightly confused now. Forgive the questions. So I assume the EmuMovies Sync applications uses FTP at its core. Are you saying the artwork for the EmuMovies Sync app is hosted on a dedicated server but if I use FileZilla I'll hooked up to a different one? I take it I can browse to artwork/vids via the EmuMovies Sync app prior to downloading?

Just before I take the plunge and pay for a subscription just need to know whats what. Sorry.

Sync is built from the ground up as an app and api with its own dedicated server.  It matches all your roms and then downloads and renames content to match.  You can use it now, it syncs unlimited artwork for any user.  All that changes there is it supports video content.

Our FTP is it's own thing and its just basically all the content from the site and higher res videos plus a community sandbox/submission area with a ton of stuff in it.

Thanks so

6 minutes ago, Circo said:

Sync is built from the ground up as an app and api with its own dedicated server.  It matches all your roms and then downloads and renames content to match.  You can use it now, it syncs unlimited artwork for any user.  All that changes there is it supports video content.

Our FTP is it's own thing and its just basically all the content from the site and higher res videos plus a community sandbox/submission area with a ton of stuff in it.

Thanks so much for the swift response Circo. Makes more sense now. Donating seems the right thing to do given the content available, plus I can get the videos as well then. When I get round to it, I'll dig out my old games and see if there's any artwork missing I can contribute. Gotta say, loving this site more each day now I'm digging into the forums and posting. 

Great stuff Circo.

• Like 2