Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Who has VR coming?

Circo

After a very long wait my oculus rift is finally arriving on friday.  I am going into this fresh having never done a hands on demo so I am very excited to finally give VR a proper go.  Has anyone received theirs or have one coming?

• Like 2

Iv seen the google cardboard for 20$ and under on my android...not a vr fan..2d side scrolling for ever.

i like the world i live in....but than again that's just me...im shur it will be a hit! with the younger crowd.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, guzzla said:

Been using a Rift DK2 with Dolphin for a while now. Zelda Wind walker is utterly jaw dropping, almost made for VR.

I'm jealous.  I also didn't realize you could use it for dolphin.  Can it be used for just about anything? Or did dolphin program it in?

Oh my goodness!! Way to awesome I am pumped for those to drop in price now!  I seen a link to a 3d nes emulator somewhere, starting to think it was being made for these. 

Completely awesome sauce

I did not know about the emulators. But been playing the crap out of pinball fx2 vr. I'vr been good with everything but the roller coasters make me want to hurl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had mine for about a month now. I considered selling it, yeah it's great but it's currently gathering dust. I was really hoping to feel presence but I don't feel it at all. Actually the biggest issue I have is I'm a poor bugger, I saved up to buy the hardware and can't afford games. I even found a couple of pirated games and have played them for only a few minutes at a time, This is why there needs to be a demo scene, they are shooting themselves in the foot by not offering demos. If I could play The Climb for example I'd see whether I would really want to drop $90 AUD on it. And I also think that's excessive at that price which is why I'll never buy it even though it looks like something I'd enjoy.

Plus Oculus have really soured the whole thing for me with their abortion of a release. Of course I rationalise it by saying it's early days, you're an early adopter and it will grow and you'll have the hardware already at that point. 2 other things though: Project cars with a G27 wheel is freaking awesome and they need to implement goddammed audio mirroring, I cannot stress that enough - apparently it's a couple clicks for the Vive in SteamVR but on the Rift it sucks major nutsacks to demo something for someone and you can see it on screen but you cant hear what they are hearing. So infuriating!!!! Not just that but I have a subsonic transducer (like a buttkicker) which I can't pump audio out to for the games. Only managed to get it working in Project Cars by turning "What You hear" in the sound control panel of windows.

All true.... I have to admit to feeling disappointed with the way Occulus have gone about things. For instance within 10 minutes of trying out the DK2 i realised they needed controllers in the vr space, and started looking forward to what they would do, it seemed obvious. But to  launch without controllers is just daft, and while it doesn't ruin games and "experiences" that don't make use of your hands and arms, it limits what you can do greatly. No developer is going to develop for the occulus controllers if they aren't standard.....

Pool Nation VR -  http://store.steampowered.com/app/269170/ 

This game just isnt possible without vr controllers, and looks like an absolute blast. 

Decisions like this, and the recent announcements about the store and development restrictions, make me want to start saving for the Vive.

Elite dangerous with a Hotas-x is ridiculous, when your hands move on the joystick, and well, they move in the game...... Its so immersive. 

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone here have bad motion sickness and use VR?  I get car sick and boat sick fairly easily so I am wondering if using a VR gear will make me sick.

It varies from title to title for the most part I haven't had a problem but there's been a few times like the roller coaster whoa boy. Currently I have a 970 which is only just OK for VR. Waiting on my 1080 and I'll post my comparisons since frame rate has a lot to do with motion sickness

From some of the demos at gaming expos I've played on I've been fine, apart from one rollercoaster simulator but the graphics where glitchy and bizarrely and I felt nauseous even when I kept my head still. Best experience I've had so far was on a proper rollercoaster fitted with VR. It blew my mind!

From some of the demos at gaming expos I've played on I've been fine, apart from one rollercoaster simulator but the graphics where glitchy and bizarrely and I felt nauseous even when I kept my head still. Best experience I've had so far was on a proper rollercoaster fitted with VR. It blew my mind!

A proper roller coaster with vr? Where did you find that? That sounds awesome!

Not sure where you are in the world but I'm in the UK. Alton Towers theme park had a ride called Air which they attached oculus rifts to and rebranded it Galactica recently. It's certainly sold me on building a full on gaming PC with 1080 Gfx card (minus the roller coaster!). Google "Alton towers Galactica".

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...